Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: M1 Macbook Pro freezes when using ques and que loops
As the title says, every so often the software freezes when using hot ques and que loops. It's very strange and happens accross 3 different controlers. (Reloop touch, mixon 4, XDJ XZ). Has anyone run into this?

I have a hypothesis but i'm unsure if it's true or not. The more visual stuff I do it's more likely to freeze? But i'm unsure.

any ideas welcome

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 7:20 am
You say you have an M1 MacBook Pro. Need more details (see mine below).

I use an M1 MacBook Pro and don't experience any freezes.

My Systems Specs;
Main - M1 MacBook Pro (14-inch, 2022), Apple Silicon M1 Pro, 16gb, 500 gb SSD, macOS Ventura 13.2.1, VirtualDJ v2023-m b7469 (Early Access).

External WD Passport Ultra 2Tb HD formatted exFat containing Music & Video databases.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 7:44 am
Yes Macbook M1 pro

1 T Hard drive
16 GB Ram
Ventura 13.0.1

VDJ version: 2023-m 7462

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 7:55 am
Check this thread out that I answered recently for the same issue as yours. Watch my short video on how smooth the graphics are.

Look here

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 11:48 am
Thanks for the thread! i'll start with turning off pro motion, then tuning the FPS. I'll post my results after a deep dive. Cheers!

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 7:03 pm
Yeah along with everyone's answer, definitely the video side. Promotion and frame rates are the culprit.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 9:38 pm
Yeh, I haven't turned off ProMotion on mine, I only set the videoFPS = 120 and you will of seen the results in my little demo video. :-)

Glad, it has been of help to you, it's always difficult to find the source of problems like this.

geposted Sat 25 Feb 23 @ 11:25 pm