Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJ Mapping File location issues
I did a reset on my mapping computer and reinstalled VDJ. Now it seems like the previous folders that had all the mappings aren't there. They use to be on C:/My Documents/VirtualDJ however I can't find any of the mapping files I'm working on in any location now. Is there a way to export or a setting in VDJ or Windows that I may be missing? I have tried enabling view hidden files in Windows to no avail.

I worked on a new Pads mapping last night and everything went well. The Pad mapping is still available to use but I can't find the file to export to my main computer.

geposted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 5:18 pm
The location changed for new installs. Go to settings, options and click the cog in the bottom right corner to open the new location.

You can set the home folder location back to the old one in registry if you wish.

geposted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 5:34 pm
kradcliffe wrote :
The location changed for new installs. Go to settings, options and click the cog in the bottom right corner to open the new location.

You can set the home folder location back to the old one in registry if you wish.

Thank you, that's what I was looking for. Much appreciated 🙏

geposted Wed 08 Mar 23 @ 7:34 pm
This saved me!
Thank you so much. I couldn't figure out why VDJ wasn't showing the custom mappings since the xml files seem to be in the right place. I was thinking you had to upload them, but then it said you can't upload custom for supported hardware.

I think this is a really common thing and I wonder how many people went through and recreated everything manually in the unresizeable interface menu again. whew... I hope people see this!

Thank you much!

geposted Fri 14 Apr 23 @ 6:42 am