Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: New laptop, intermittent static crackling noise
I've been using my Old Laptop for near 6 years now, and Went to switch out to My new Laptop, a Lenovo Legion. (Don't Have it with me ATM, I'll Update with its Specs later.) Using VDJ Infinity
I am using a Yamaha MG10XUF mixer.
Never had issues with My Asus, But when I tried to start using the Lenovo I would get a crackling static sound filter into the music every few minutes, fading in for about 20 - 30 seconds and then fading out. I know it isn't an Issue with the mixer, because it worked fine with my old Laptop, still does.
I tried everything on the Optimization suggestions posted here.
I've tried swapping usb cables several times.
Sadly I have pretty much done everything recommended there. the only thing I haven't done is install an older Video card driver. I haven't done this because it isn't a video issue. The laptop runs very smoothly.
I had the Task Manager open, every time I tried to trouble shoot it, watching for memory spikes and apps eating resources, I got nothing.
I even turned off everything running in the background that I could.
Even before I did that, while running VDJ, Chrome with a couple dozen tabs open, my song request app, and a couple open Folders, The CPU ran an average of 15%, lowest at 6%, highest at 38%.
The Memory Maintained around 45 to 59% usage.
it drove me nuts because nothing abnormally spiked during the Sound issue events.
I Tried a dozen different "Fixes" I found in searches, and gave up, finally, after I had to reload my laptop to pervious save the 2nd time. Anyone have any help to share on this to hopefully fix it, before I just end up buying yet another new laptop and hope the Same issue doesn't arise?

please help

geposted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 3:40 am
PIka4oHome userMember since 2023
and how do other dj programs work? is there a problem with sound too? what does VDJ have to do with it

geposted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 6:48 am
Have you gone to a different OS? i.e. W10 to W11 with the new laptop?

Also how are you connecting the mixer to VDJ? via audio out or via USB?

Many times crackling is due to the USB buffer, so best to check the drivers and whether exclusive audio is checked in the sound options and in VDJ settings.

geposted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 6:50 am
Hey all,
ran into problem a few times. first check all hardware is ok (HD, mem, controllers etc). second check the sampling rate and bit depth of hardware and vdj are same. they should match. I use 44k and 24 bit. https://www.thewindowsclub.com/how-to-get-24-bit-audio-on-windows. post I did for ram reserve covers more areas that need to be checked. kill all uneeded processes don't run heavy io (stems calcs) check network i/o. you can install non-crapware of a USB drive. this will also work with this https://www.thewindowsclub.com/fix-video-stuttering-and-lagging-issues-in-windows-11-10.

geposted Tue 28 Mar 23 @ 9:05 am
I'm starting to think it's a driver issue with Yamaha.
I switched to my Mackie and I didn't have that issue

geposted Sun 02 Apr 23 @ 6:51 am
Mr DJ Mel wrote :
Have you gone to a different OS? i.e. W10 to W11 with the new laptop?

Also how are you connecting the mixer to VDJ? via audio out or via USB?

Many times crackling is due to the USB buffer, so best to check the drivers and whether exclusive audio is checked in the sound options and in VDJ settings.

old Laptop is Win 10 new is Win 11
Connected via USB
Exclusive Audio is on

geposted Tue 04 Apr 23 @ 12:42 am

geposted Thu 18 May 23 @ 4:42 pm
1265PRO InfinityMember since 2005
Hi All, Infinity user here since 2005, Same issue. I have a new Alienware X17 laptop with Denon MC7000. A real hassle and getting the same noises. I have a Asus Laptop both laptops running Microsoft 11 and no issues with the Asus. Sound setting look a little funky but it works with the controller. Any screen shots to send over or step by step instructions to assist. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

geposted Thu 08 Jun 23 @ 9:36 pm