Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: problem opening virtual dj
I have been having this problem with all three of my laptops , and my controller is not plugged , or my hard drive . When I go to open virtual dj which is the latest version it sometimes will open and sometimes will not , and sometimes it will say running already but its not. I was in chat with virtual dj and he did the install for me with teamviewer , but today im am still having problems . I am running a i7 Gigabyte xe4 laptop need help please

geposted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 12:22 pm
Suggest you go back to the support case that's already open.

You can always do a ctrl+alt+del and if VirtualDJ is already running you can force close and try again.

geposted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 12:44 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
check you don't have a vdj process runnning in task manager, if so kill the process, it can happen sometimes if vdj doesn't shut down fully.

geposted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 1:20 pm
Ok So think i got it working , I did a complete uninstall and went into the vitual dj local folder and deleted the folder so no trace of virtal dj . I then uninstalled my realtek audio drivers from device manager and then uninstalled my rane one driver . rebooted and installed vj and now all good so far knock on wood!

geposted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 1:40 pm
locodog wrote :
check you don't have a vdj process runnning in task manager

This.

If you get a message that VDJ is already running, that's because........it's already running.

I don't know exactly why, but VDJ is the worst software for having multiple copies running invisibly in the background. I regularly find 5 or more in task manager.

geposted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 5:38 pm