Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Ddj rz audio routing issue
lazypPRO InfinityMember since 2015
I hope someone can help. I have a ddj rz hooked up to my MacBook Pro and I have followed all instructions to setup audio but I’m having several audio issues either the sound is coming out of the wrong Chanel or no sound at all. Pressing the pfl cue button cuts out sound or when it randomly works I can only hear sound from pfl if the fader is up and crossfader in the middle. I’ve also had it where it all seams to be working then when I move crossfader over to the right you can still very faintly hear the left side. It’s in internal mode and have it set up as per guide but it’s just not working how it should. It works if I put in to external mode and assign each Channel but then I loose post fader effects. I’ve uninstalled drivers and even reinstalled vdj to no effect. Using it on rekordbox it’s perfect. Is there a particular way to set it up in the new version of vdj that I’m missing. Thanks

geposted Fri 31 Mar 23 @ 10:28 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 3:00 am
Thanks but I’ve been through all the guides and it’s as if there is some sort of bug as it’s very inconsistent with what happens each time I switch audio output within vdj. I shouldn’t have to change anything if I select the pre defined audio setup for the unit.

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 8:30 am
Right I’ve managed to get it to work the best I’ve had it in internal mode. I disabled the crossfader in vdj and assigned each Channel to matching deck, the only problem I have now is when I press pfl cue for a chosen channel the Audio is present but if I lower the channel fader it turns the audio down through the headphones. This is a little annoying being as I don’t really use the crossfader and only the levels to mix so I can’t hear anything when they are down. I can’t find anything referencing how to change this. Please see my audio output in image. Thanks

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 10:44 am
Have you downloaded Pioneer's utility application (driver) ?
If yes you need to set the operation mode there as well.
Also if you use multiple Pioneer units with your MAC that support "dual" mixer mode, it appears that these utilities hold the mixer operation mode as a global setting, rather than per device.

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 12:21 pm
Yes I have the ddj rz utility set to internal

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 1:30 pm

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 1:35 pm
lazyp wrote :
Yes I have the ddj rz utility set to internal

....then you shouldn't be setting deck outputs to individual channels.

The VDJ Setup guide explains this and has pictures.

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 2:02 pm
I have set it to how the guide explains now but all the audio from each deck was playing on channel 1. Somehow I have managed to fix it and it seems to be working now. I switched it to external and back to internal via the utility app while it was playing and now it’s all working as it should I’m guessing something glitched out. thanks for your input guys. Very strange.

geposted Sat 01 Apr 23 @ 3:15 pm
Since you use a MAC and a lot of MAC users have some bad habits:
You need to RESTART your MAC after any Pioneer driver installation for it to actually work.
A lot of MAC users rarely restart or properly shut down their MACs. Perhaps that could explain why it was not working for you ?

geposted Sun 02 Apr 23 @ 3:28 pm