Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Setup failure Virtual DJ with Mixstream Pro+
Followed all instructions as per https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/hardware/numark/mixstreampro/setup.html

Win 11 OS
Mixstream Pro+
Virtual DJ Infinity license
Firmware and drivers installed in laptop running VDJ

When starting VDL with Mixstream in laptop mode, it does recognise new hardware
However within VDJ it is not showing Mixtream Pro as hardware option in Audio setting
On Mixstream Pro it never appears to connect to PC, it keeps in connecting mode

geposted Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 6:17 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

geposted Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 7:19 pm
Thanks, the driver did load now and I was able to connect however the sound in Numark is distorted for every track i load from VDJ. Is there a soundcard configuration option anywhere?

geposted Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 8:49 pm
Try to set your computer's built-in soundcard as the default Windows playback device, instead of the Numark one.

geposted Thu 22 Jun 23 @ 9:51 pm
If I use the build in PC soundcard then the music is playing from the PC not from the Mixstream Pro speakers. The aim is to load tracks from my PC into Mixstream Pro via Virtual DJ and mix/play sound from Mixstream Pro.

In the instructions it does state "Select the Mixstream Pro button in order VirtualDJ to apply the pre-defined audio configuration (speakers need to be connected to the rear side of the unit in this case) ". So does it need speakers connected? Cant it use the build in speakers?

geposted Sun 06 Aug 23 @ 3:35 pm
Sure, as long as the default audio setup is used in VirtualDJ, the built-in speaker of Mixstream Pro will output sound even if you haven't connected any external speakers to the rear output.

My previous message was not about the sound card used in VirtualDJ. Was about the default sound card the Windows is using to output its sound and is advised not to use the computer's default in order the OS not to take over and try send any audio data to the controller's sound card.

geposted Sun 06 Aug 23 @ 3:38 pm