Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: 2nd laptop not pulling all cue points after file transfer.
kennethPRO SubscriberMember since 2019
I use Onedrive to sync files. If I make a cue point on laptop 1, close VDJ, watch the file sync to Laptop 2, open VDJ, the cue point is there. However, some songs I edited earlier in the day show the cue points on laptop 1, but they do not Populate on laptop 2.
Any ideas?

geposted Thu 29 Jun 23 @ 11:13 pm
It's the database.xml file in the VirtualDJ folder that stores the cue points. If you click the cog in the settings>options page (bottom right) it will show you the home folder location. Make sure that file (or folder) is synced correctly on both machines.

There was a recent change to the location for new installs, so make sure it's in the same place in both laptops. If not you can change the home folder location in the registry.

geposted Thu 29 Jun 23 @ 11:22 pm
Sorry for the delay, i'm figuring out that its not a sync issue, but maybe a folder paths issue with the database. See below:

Having an issue with syncing the database. I am using OneDrive. I have the same user structure on both machines. I can see the database file show changes and sync to the other machine, however, Cue points will not move over with certain song types with specific locations.

Here is an example, I'm finding it to be only items that are saved locally, but are also in my itunes folder.

We can use J. Dash WOP as an example.

This song is on both machines:
D:\Dropbox\DJ\MUSIC\J. Dash

It is also in:
C:\Users\DJ Mad Ken\OneDrive\Music\iTunes\iTunes Media\Music\J. Dash\Wop (Official Version) - Single\

the playlist path is not the itunes folder, and if I select VDJ playlist file operations -> open in explorer, opens to the D:\dropbox\DJ\Music\J. Dash
If i search for that song in the database, it points to the 2nd location. I believe this is the root cause.

The database file is in the same path on both laptops.
Machine A:
C:\Users\DJ\OneDrive\Documents\VirtualDJ
Machine B:
C:\Users\DJ\OneDrive\Documents\VirtualDJ

Additionally, the other location before the install folder change just has. (to rule out the database being in the wrong folder)
C:\Users\DJ\AppData\Local\VirtualDJ
-Cache
-Drivers
license.dat

geposted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 9:51 pm
.oops

geposted Sat 29 Jul 23 @ 9:55 pm