Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Dupe Logic
A question on refinine the "by tag" dupe finder. One thing that gets caught as a potential dupe is my explicit vs. clean tracks. I initially thought that maybe in my Remix field where it would pull my (---) info that maybe it was too short for it to identify, but even putting the words (clean) and (explicit) instead of (CLN) and (XPL) it still catches it.

So I ask for anyone that knows, how does the logic of "by tag" dupes get handled? Does it look at the Remix field or others? How fuzzy is the logic check before it says that it's no longer a match?

geposted Wed 12 Jul 23 @ 6:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The duplicate finder cleans up the tags a bit before comparing so that it doesn't matter if remix is in title or remix field for example.
It will also remove certain remix info that is typically not very useful for identifying unique songs (like Original Mix, but also 'Clean', 'Dirty' and 'Explicit')
In the case where you have both clean and dirty versions that is indeed not really accurate, however using XPL and CLN should work fine.

It looks like you have added brackets though, which is what might have made it still ignore those. You could try 'XPL' and 'CLN' in the remix field without the brackets.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 9:13 am
Right you were. I had assumed you would need a character limit greater than say 3-4 for it to come into play. But this worked perfectly. Thanks!

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 3:48 pm
Well this is just odd. So doing some more cleanup, I have been moving unique track tags over to the Remix field. Clean vs. Explicit, a remixer name, etc. But doing this has landed the dupe-by-tag check to think that the words Explicit and Clean, along with others, are still dupes.

I mean it's not the end of the world but just odd.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 4:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
This was mentioned

Adion wrote :
...It will also remove certain remix info that is typically not very useful for identifying unique songs (like Original Mix, but also 'Clean', 'Dirty' and 'Explicit')
In the case where you have both clean and dirty versions that is indeed not really accurate, however using XPL and CLN should work fine.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 5:06 pm