Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Rendered crackles with Tidal tracks - not a performance issue
So I got a high tier AMD 5900HX CPU with my new Asus flipbook and thought the crackles would have an end now. Latencymon is happy too with lots of load from VDJ for hours.

But there are still crackles. It seems I found a bug and not a performance issue. Circumstances are that at home I'm using Tidal HQ to just play around with new findings.

What happens is that analyzed tracks get rendered with crackles on them. I verified it through
A. Repeating that section - Crackles appear on the same bar and are even visible on the waveform
B. Playing that same title within Rekordbox there is no crackle.
C. Completely reopen / re-analyzing the Tidal tracks in VDJ the crackle are gone on that bar or even for the hole track

So I'm guessing it is the new Stems which introduced a lot of issue for me. So far that I bought a new Notebook. It is hard to reproduce this headache I'm seeing.

Did anyone have the same occurrence?

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 9:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Stems should not affect the track itself. While you were hearing the crackles, was the EQ or stems pads used?

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 9:15 am
No, stems weren't active for the track itself. But "always on" was active in the settings so they were generated.

I guess this might be an issue related to (Tidal) streamed tracks and the analysis engine. The crackles are written in the file / waveform and do always appear on the same spots when this issue appears.
Same songs with Tidal in rekordbox do not have that behavior but on the other side Recordbox 6 has no stem engine and generally a different Algo most probably.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 10:54 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
And if you disable stems the crackles don't appear?

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 11:02 am
I did that and made a mid long test. I had no crackles but on the other hand the test time was short and the tracks different. As I said this is tricky to reproduce and validate. But there is a lean to stems engine with stream tracks.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 9:42 pm