Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: anyone have a solid answer about the quality of the dacs and phono plugs on the flx10 compared to the ddj rz?
hh73PRO InfinityMember since 2006
like my ddj rz very much. but its a bit old. dont like the ddj 1000 series at all.

heard the flx 10 has better phono plugs and sound quality of any controller.

has anyone been able to back this up?

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 10:07 am
I don't have FLX10, but until today DDJ-RZ is the controller with the "best" (relative term) audio I ever had/tested.
Only Rane Four seems to come close for me, and only DJM-900NXS2 has a little better "quality" (I would also guess DJM-V10 and DJM-A9 would be better too). However DJM are stand alone mixers and mostly out of the question/comparison.

For me (for my personal usage) DDJ-RZ is still one of the best controllers ever released.

geposted Fri 14 Jul 23 @ 12:36 pm
agree. when i asked pioneer this same question. i got this vague, semi pointless respone

Hello,

As we move forward with gear, the levels always go up because of the technology.

The Pioneer DJ USA Team

is he saying they are making things "louder", not better. thats not always the case. and why some devices need to be actually toned down. esp the xdj rx3. because by default the master attuator is set to 0. which for some people can be way too loud.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 10:28 am
im thinking of getting a djm 450 and the dj xp2. for stems. wonder if the xp2 could be used as a launcher too. i have a ni small laucher to press play or sync. this would give me room to put turntables on my desk. because the ddj rz is huge.

geposted Sat 15 Jul 23 @ 12:24 pm