Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: freezing of the DDJ-SX2 and VDJ v2023 b7607
LudekPRO InfinityMember since 2005
After a few hours of playing with one deck playing and the other waiting in CUE, the buttons on the controller stopped responding while the music was still playing.
I didn't have any effects active, I have STEMS disabled in the settings and I don't use them.

I restarted the PC (Win 10 64bit) and it worked again. About an hour later it did it again. Restarting the PC helped again. It hasn't happened in the last few hours.
What could have happened? I've been using the DDJ-SX2 and VDJ almost every weekend for the past 8 years with no problem...

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 3:40 am
Since it appears the connections gets lost/interrupted, the first thing to try is probably a new USB cable

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 6:37 am
klausmogensen wrote :
Since it appears the connections gets lost/interrupted, the first thing to try is probably a new USB cable

Since the music was still playing through the integrated sound card in the DDJ-SX2, the USB connection must have been fine... Only the buttons on the controller were not responding.

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 9:39 am
Is the SX2 updated to latest firmware 1.06?

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 9:44 am
charliebuddrocker wrote :
Is the SX2 updated to latest firmware 1.06?

Yes, latest Windows driver pack ver 1.100 and DDJ-SX2 firmware ver. 1.06

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 10:32 am
I had a problem a year ago and the SX2 couldn't scratch proper. I was at firmware 1.06 and I installed it again and the problem was gone. Maybe give it a try..

Try a new fresh hi quality cable too. Short interruptions could maybe break the midi transfer

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 11:34 am
@ludek, assuming you've posted because you're looking for a solution to a problem - when a suggestion is given, you should not immediately dismiss it.

Try replacing the USB cable.

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 2:56 pm
groovindj wrote :
@ludek, assuming you've posted because you're looking for a solution to a problem - when a suggestion is given, you should not immediately dismiss it.

Try replacing the USB cable.

Why replace USB cable, if music from DDJ-SX2 soundcard still playing, only butons stopped responding. if the cable was damaged then there would have to be audio dropouts as well right? And USB cable was tested with cable tester - is OK.

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 3:12 pm
It's not only cable work/ not work. Data transfer in high speed could be affected by a low quality/ damaged cabel. Same as internet transfer true a cat5 vs cat6 cabel. Try a new high quality cabel.

geposted Sun 16 Jul 23 @ 4:37 pm