Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: ask the dj button script not working properly
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
I have the below script on a pad. When there is no request present the button, when pressed, will toggle between the ask the dj folder and the previous folder. However, when a request is present, the pad will start blinking but when pressed, it will not toggle to the ask the dj folder.

When I manually click into the ask the dj folder, the button will now toggle.

Here is the script I'm using. Can someone troubleshoot and correct it?

Even if I could get the button to blink and upon pressing the button, it just goes to the ask the dj folder, that would be great, too. Thanks.

get_askthedj_unread ? blink 250ms : param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "Ask the DJ" ? goto_last_folder : browser_gotofolder "askthedj://"

geposted Thu 03 Aug 23 @ 8:51 pm
I think I may have answered the same question in the FB group

It's because the "folder" part is in the "or" part of the script. So it won't work when the button is blinking

I'm sure locodog ore one of the devs can come up with a script that combine the 2 better :)
(when I try it, it overall validates to false, so no blinking)

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 10:52 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
your script is for a custom button, this might do for a pad

get_askthedj_unread ? blink 250ms & & param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "Ask the DJ" ? goto_last_folder : browser_gotofolder "askthedj://" : off & param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "Ask the DJ" ? goto_last_folder : browser_gotofolder "askthedj://"

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 11:21 am
djdonnPRO InfinityMember since 2006
locodog wrote :
your script is for a custom button, this might do for a pad

get_askthedj_unread ? blink 250ms & & param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "Ask the DJ" ? goto_last_folder : browser_gotofolder "askthedj://" : off & param_equal `get_browsed_folder` "Ask the DJ" ? goto_last_folder : browser_gotofolder "askthedj://"

The script I posted above didn't work in a button or a pad.

This works. Thank you.

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 5:29 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It works on a skin custom button, I know this as I wrote this very script for myself years ago, and tested it again this morning.
The thing about the skin version, as you mouse over the custom_button, unread is set to zero so the logic works.

geposted Fri 04 Aug 23 @ 7:24 pm