Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Hercules DJControlMix mapping and/or config problems
Hello there
I am using a compact Hercules DJControlMix controler.
I have VDJ's latest version and controler's drivers latest version too.
When I open VDJ i have the information screen panel that my device is well connected.
On the config/audio panel my settings are showing only the WASAPI drivers from my PC soundcard (not sure if this is normal - doesn't the controler have his own ASIO drivers?)
I have set master with chan 1&2 and headphones as chan 3&4
Please note this device doesn't come with a soundcard. So i am using my PC's jack output with the monaural splitter Y cable provided with the controler. One jack is the master and the other is for PFL on headphones.

My problems :
PFL on the controler does not work. Either i hear the sound from master or i hear nothing. When i push the PFL buttons on the controler they don't activate or deactivate the PFL from the current desk.
I also noticed that my bass/filter switch button does not work properly : it does switch but the led is blinking on both cases.

Is this a mapping problem or a config issue ? any idea on how to fix that ?

thanks

geposted Mon 14 Aug 23 @ 7:52 am
Replying to myself :)
I've been able to settle the configuration by switching to "stereo a mono splitter" on the audio settings, but obviously the sound is mono both in my headphones and for the master output.
It seems to me that the Y cable provided with the controler can handle 2 stereo signals so how make it to stereo ?

geposted Mon 14 Aug 23 @ 2:27 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
it can't, it has 2 signal paths, so your choices are one stereo or 2 mono

geposted Mon 14 Aug 23 @ 2:31 pm