Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Trying Numark NVII - but One thing not working
gh0z3rHome userMember since 2023
I was relatively recently given a Numark NVII, and it works fine, but Serato is horrid, so I thought i'd give VirtualDJ a try as my cousin uses it happily :)

Any ways, I took the NV2 round to his, and plugged it in, VDJ detected it fine and it all works great, except one thing, I see in the VDJ Hardware Manual, that there should be an "NV II Settings Page" that is activated by holding the 'SLICER' pad mode button for over 1 second....

But this does nothing... any ideas? :)

Thanks!

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 12:16 pm
You can give it a try yourself on your own computer. Just download the latest version and plug in the NV II.

Without a license you can still demo things and check it works.

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 1:38 pm
Nope, it says I need a Pro license when I connect the controller, it then refuses to respond (the controller) but when I do things on the computer it reflects on the controller (wave forms load in, cue points etc) but I just can't do anything with it...

Hence why I went to my cousins, as I know he was already using it....

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 3:39 pm
*update*

I removed then reinstalled the NVII drivers, and VDJ on my computer, now the demo 'works' (I still get the "pro needed" message though) - but at least I now have control etc, but nope, still the same thing...

holding the SLICER button doesn't do anything different to just pressing it!!

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 3:57 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
maybe the mapping changed since the hw guide was written, all it does is pull up a padpage, check the dropdown list for padpages with device connected, it'll be accessible there.

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:05 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
For many controllers the settings have been moved to options inside vdj instead of a pad page

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:11 pm
Thanks, I did look through them, and there's the "NMNVII" section, and they just have all the normal stuff, if I go to the pads editor and the "NVII Settings" or whatever it's called isn't listed, just all the usual

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:15 pm
ah @ADION

any idea where they are specifically? or will I just have to have a dig around and try some searches?

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:16 pm
Ah, figured it out...

Interesting choice to move to the settings rather than keep on the pads, it'd be nice to have the ability to change the zoom on the fly without going into settings, but I got it set how I wanted now anyhow :)

now to learn VDJ Script so I can make a couple of personalised tweaks, so expect a couple more posts if I can't figure it out :D

thanks all anyhow :)

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:28 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
settings can be altered by script [most can]

setting "settingName" "value"

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:33 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
The NMNVII section should indeed be it.
What settings were you expecting that are not there?

geposted Sat 19 Aug 23 @ 4:39 pm