Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Search Bar
Hello, I’d like to know if there is a way to disable the search bar in VDJ20? I don’t need it because I need the keyboard leys to trigger other events instead of it typing in the search bar. I’d only want the keyboard to enter the search bar when I highlight it. I don’t want it to type in the search bar unless I click on it.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 1:25 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
setting browserSearchByFirstLetter no

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 1:40 pm
I’ve done that already. It doesnt bring up the searched music but it still types in the search box by default. The only difference is no music will show. The music in the highlighted folder disappears until I clear the search box. I want to disable or disengage the search box altogether. Can I disable or delete the search box through code?

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 3:31 pm
Oh you're using the default mapping,

there's a keyboard entry called, UNMAPPED
delete the script attached to that.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 4:35 pm
Ok Ill have a look. Thank you. Can I still rename music files/folders once I delete the script?

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 5:34 pm
yes you can, it won't change those functions.
in the default mapping UNMAPPED is linked to the script, search removing that script won't change anything else.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 24 @ 5:48 pm
Thank you. Its sorted thanks to your suggestion.

geposted Sat 24 Feb 24 @ 11:59 pm
Kid VidPRO InfinityMember since 2018
locodog wrote :
Oh you're using the default mapping,

there's a keyboard entry called, UNMAPPED
delete the script attached to that.

I am having the same issue. It was not doing this until I uninstalled and reinstalled the program. Can you please help me find what you are discribing? I have tried to locate what you said and can't seem to find the fix indicated, thanks.

geposted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 2:10 pm