Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Virtual dj to detect dj device but mix with traktor
yiyo0LE userMember since 2012
I once saw a dj using tractor and he also had the virtual dj open to detect the controller. He told me: I only have the virtual DJ to detect the controller but as you are seeing I mix with tractor. Does anyone know how to do it please?

geposted Sun 24 Mar 24 @ 11:47 pm
 Best Answer
yiyo0 wrote :
I once saw a dj using tractor and he also had the virtual dj open to detect the controller. He told me: I only have the virtual DJ to detect the controller but as you are seeing I mix with tractor. Does anyone know how to do it please?

If you want your controller to work, the only reliable solution is to mix with virtualdj

geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 10:41 am[ selected best answer by Stephane Clavel on Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 10:42 am ]
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Sounds like a problem for the traktor forums.

geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 12:18 am
yiyo0LE userMember since 2012
locodog wrote :
Sounds like a problem for the traktor forums.

They told me the same thing: it's a problem so you should ask it on the virtualdj forum. Jaja

geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 1:31 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
No, it's a traktor problem, you want to dj with traktor that's where you ask.
Why you'd need vdj as a middle man, doesn't really make sense.

geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 1:47 am
I see he's calling himself Eric over there, and despite people telling him it's not possible, he continues to claim it's true....................because he's seen it with his own eyes.

I guess the Statue of Liberty really did vanish in 1983 then :-)

geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 8:06 am
News just in............apparently it could be something to do with sysex messages sent to certain controllers (i.e. Numark) to disable a demo mode that they default to after a certain time has elapsed.

He had been saying that it was an FLX4 being used, so I guess it wasn't.

Presumably controllers would still need mapping in Traktor though.

He also seems to believe that this "trick" will work for all controllers....

geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 10:05 am
yiyo0 wrote :

If you want your controller to work, the only reliable solution is to mix with virtualdj

Selected as best answer geposted Mon 25 Mar 24 @ 10:41 am