Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Thinking to buy a Lenovo Legion Go for VDJ
Hey everyone,

I'm considering buying a Lenovo Legion Go for use with Virtual DJ since all my music is now stored on the cloud. Has anyone made a similar switch? Would love to hear your thoughts 😄

geposted Wed 03 Apr 24 @ 12:03 pm
Didn't get much enthusiasm lol for those who are interested, as of now, it can run VDJ like charm sadly just with Stems 1.0 on the fly... (unless you pre-compute them)

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 4:02 pm
i would definitely not recommend that. the 'putting all the eggs in one basket' thing can very easily turn around and bite if you lose your internet connectivity and then you get to tell your customers "sorry, no music" because you don't have a library on your computer or in hard drives.

using the cloud is an 'in addition too' and definitely not ' substitute for' having music and video with you.

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 5:28 pm
Someone asked about using a Rog Ally a couple of months ago but there was no response to that either.

Although quite acceptable these gaming consoles are a niche use case.

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 6:16 pm
shizuonPRO InfinityMember since 2022
if you are going to use cloud streaming, it's okay.
I also prepare for a backup in my game consoles, then it would be safe.

But, in January i bought the legion go, i had the same thought as you have, and try to use it to DJing
Fact is, legion go crashes again and again even without DJing.
I thought it may be the AMD's driver fault, so i try to reinstall the windows, but not working
Finally i return it back to lenovo, and get my money back... A terrible experience

Lenovo makes good stuff, I use a Y7000P 2021(Intel) in my home, it works great for 3 years, no crash or bluescreen
maybe it's that hardware had some problems, cause AMD is not stable for working, only good for gaming
everytime i buy amd computers i got tons of problem lol, even i buy the one i trust-- Lenovo
so i trust AMD not any more...

But you can still try Legion Go, I have another DJ friend who bought it for DJing, he dont get those problems, maybe just im not lucky to get a bad hardware

Finally, I choose MSI CLAW in my workflow, though it's much more expensive than legion Go, and got smaller screen, but it use Intel CPU, and quite stable

geposted Mon 08 Apr 24 @ 8:33 pm
shizuon wrote :

Lenovo makes good stuff, I use a Y7000P 2021(Intel) in my home, it works great for 3 years, no crash or bluescreen
maybe it's that hardware had some problems, cause AMD is not stable for working, only good for gaming
everytime i buy amd computers i got tons of problem lol, even i buy the one i trust-- Lenovo
so i trust AMD not any more...

Agreed

geposted Wed 10 Apr 24 @ 9:37 am