Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Initiate 'on the fly' 4 second fade of the volume on selected songs playing in automix.
rpm1580PRO InfinityMember since 2017
1 - I am playing music for social tango dancing and need to slowly fade the volume of certain songs on the fly depending on what is happening on the dance floor. I need to manually activate the fade in the moment and it might change the next time I play the same song
2 - Once manually activated, the music would fade to nothing over perhaps 4 seconds.
3 - There would then be 3 seconds of silence between songs, before the next song would start playing at normal volume.

I can generally manage the back to back playing of other songs with a 3 -4 second gap with the drop-down settings of automix, although I never understood the "2 second gap" in one of the dropdowns. I manage the gap with a -3 or --4 in the option settings.

thanks you,
Richard

geposted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 12:34 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
As I said in the other thread if it's a "sometimes" thing it gets tricky.
Every dance school I've worked with, if you're on the floor teacher & dj I've recommended getting a powerpoint remote.

It's so much easier than dealing with automix and looks more professional too, just a simple remote in your pocket and you're not running from the deck to the floor.
You only have 4 buttons [maybe a couple more], but what do you really need? play next, replay current from start, replay current but a few bars back, pause.

Every, and I mean EVERY, dance school I worked with, said a powerpoint remote made the job a whole lot easier [..technically, students and their drama are still your issue]

your fade > stop > load next, wish could be done with a button like this
deck master repeat_start_instant danceSchool 40ms -1 & level -1% & param_equal `level` 0.0 ? repeat_stop danceSchool & automix_skip & pause & wait 3000ms & play & wait 180ms & level 1.0

geposted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 12:14 am
rpm1580PRO InfinityMember since 2017
Thanks. I'll give it a go. Perhaps I didn't explain properly. When I need this, I am not teaching a class and running around the studio working with students. Instead, I am sitting in front of my computer DJing a social dance. Thank you for the script.
Richard

geposted Thu 13 Jun 24 @ 4:14 am