Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Browser - lastselectedfolder
What is the formula to put in this box to get VDJ to remember the last folder I was on when I close the software? It starts empty since the last update.

geposted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 5:06 am
the settings > option: lastSelectedFolder is updated when closing VDJ, to save, for the next session.

this is done automatically, assuming VDJ has write access to the location of the settings.xml file, and does an orderly close.
(are other settings changes not saving between different sessions of VDJ?)

Works perfectly here, with all current versions.
Which build are you using?

And the format for what is in the lastSelectedFolder field is just the path of the folder.
The path of any folder/list can be found from R-click menu > Properties of the folder.

geposted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 2:10 pm
I have the latest version with all the updates, I just thought there was something I could type in that box to make it remember my last folder. However everything else works fine history, last played ,sidelist and so on. I gonna go ahead and live with this ''small'' problem. Thanks for your response.

geposted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 6:15 pm
If when you last closed VDJ the "Local Music" was selected.. as in:

then the that will be the saved... lastSelectedFoder:

if say a folder named "HOUSE" was selected when VDJ is closed.. when reopened.. the option will appear as:
(if the Folder, HOUSE, was in "Local Music")

geposted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 6:32 pm
The problem I'm Having is no matter what folder I close out with, It goes back to "Local Music" when I open again. btw my tree is expanded even if I collapse all the folders. I can live with that.

geposted Tue 11 Jun 24 @ 10:14 pm
The lastSelectedFolder should be saved...

Last few things to check:

1) check if any connected controllers, or Key Board, mapping have an ONEXIT script that would change the selected folder... (very unlikely)

2) Check that your settings.xml file is not corrupted in some way.
Rename your settings.xml file in your homefolder, restart VDJ and test the lastSelectedFolder save...
(select folder and restart VDJ and see if folder is remembered, or check the option.)
this is just to test settings.xml file.. (more likely a possible cause)

If either of above do not help in some way.. .. its above my pay grade.. as they say..

geposted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 9:13 am
Do you use an external drive ?
Is the drive connected when you start VirtualDJ ?
Is there any chance you plug the drive AFTER you start VirtualDJ ?

geposted 7 days ago @ 1:23 pm
no, I don't have an external drive.

geposted 7 days ago @ 3:00 am