Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How restrict Virtual DJ to scan one folder instead of the whole computer?
I have a large 'Database', the file which contains all audio related files Virtual DJ collected through the years. And the most frusttating is, they're not all audiofiles. There's a large number of Wav files (samples) of an app called Maschine (Native Instruments) j which contains thousand of drumsamples.. I once installed this, but Virtual DJ seemed to have those files added to cthe Database. I was able to delete those but there's this app I use (SoundSwitch) which has generated thousands of files just before I was aware of this large number of samples being claimed to the Virtual DJ Database.

Yesterday I exported some files in a separted folder far from my Virtual DJ folder and right away all files where claimed and seem to be added to the Database. Now I'm aware I can delete those files manually.. and I select the tracks I want to use in the APP SoundSwitch.. but it would be really comfortable if Virtual DJ had dedicated folder and wouldn't be waisting (CPU) power on scanning my whole computer on audio(related) files and adding them to the Database.

Sometimes I just think, a separated Harddrive / USB stick would be a solution.. as Virtual DJ will create a Database file per added USB stick / Drive.

Hopefully I'm overseeing something?? Thanks in advance.. :-)

geposted Wed 12 Jun 24 @ 8:06 pm