Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: sideview shortcuts
I find it a bit complicated to have to select everything with the mouse in just one tab for the "similar song" options, as it includes:

Alternative remixes
Similar songs
Recommendations
Linked tracks
I would like to have a tab for each option directly at the bottom. However, I couldn’t figure out how to do this, so every time I want to switch, I have to go and select with the mouse.

Therefore, I would like to know if it's possible to create shortcuts to go directly to each of these options.

This is why I believe this part of the program shouldn’t just be on the side of the browser; there should be an option to place it horizontally below the track list (as there is an option for the side view). Another cool feature would be to have it in a pop-up and even drag it to another screen, such as a secondary monitor.

I think these functionalities are great in Virtual DJ, but the workflow to access them while performing keeps us too attached to the computer and mouse.

geposted 6 days ago @ 3:59 pm
daydreamerbr wrote :
I find it a bit complicated to have to select everything with the mouse in just one tab for the "similar song" options, as it includes:

Alternative remixes
Similar songs
Recommendations
Linked tracks
I would like to have a tab for each option directly at the bottom. However, I couldn’t figure out how to do this, so every time I want to switch, I have to go and select with the mouse.

Therefore, I would like to know if it's possible to create shortcuts to go directly to each of these options.

This is why I believe this part of the program shouldn’t just be on the side of the browser; there should be an option to place it horizontally below the track list (as there is an option for the side view). Another cool feature would be to have it in a pop-up and even drag it to another screen, such as a secondary monitor.

I think these functionalities are great in Virtual DJ, but the workflow to access them while performing keeps us too attached to the computer and mouse.

+1

geposted 5 days ago @ 12:37 pm
daydreamerbr wrote :
Alternative remixes
Similar songs
Recommendations
Linked tracks
I would like to have a tab for each option directly at the bottom.

can be done currently.. so to add tabs for "Alternative remixes" and "Linked tracks"

edit the option sideviewShortcuts to include, as shown:

and a big...

+1

for the option to add to a horizontal panel and/or a detachable panel
(on wish list)

geposted 5 days ago @ 2:20 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
As IIDEEJAYII, you could manually add them by changing the sideviewShortcuts option
All possibilities from the remixes tab:
geniusdj:\livefeedback
geniusdj:\similarsongs
geniusdj:\remixes
geniusdj:\linked

geposted 5 days ago @ 2:37 pm
Adion wrote :
As IIDEEJAYII, you could manually add them by changing the sideviewShortcuts option
All possibilities from the remixes tab:
geniusdj:\livefeedback
geniusdj:\similarsongs
geniusdj:\remixes
geniusdj:\linked

Hi Adion,
This is very good, but since all windows are only in the browser, you click yourself to death !!!
It should be possible to create additional floating windows, we have been trying to do this for a long time but it doesn't work!! For example, we have added a floating window for "Linked Tracks" but this is only updated when you click on "Linked Tracks" in the main browser, so the whole thing is of course uninteresting!!
greeting Werner

geposted 5 days ago @ 3:28 pm