Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BPM fine tune on MIDI Fighter Twister
HI. I cannot figure this out. I'm using the Twister mapping to control BPM in VDJ, but it is WAY too sensitive to dial in the correct BPM. A quarter turn either way takes the BPM to the MAX. I want to change the throw so it's a full turn or at least a half turn to get to the maximum BPM.

Is anyone else using one of these who knows how to solve this? I did not find a setting in VDJ.

geposted 6 days ago @ 8:10 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
you want that dial relative, or the highest resolution as a slider in the firmware

geposted 6 days ago @ 8:28 pm
locoDog wrote :
you want that dial relative, or the highest resolution as a slider in the firmware

It is set to 'high resolution' setting already. There is also 'Responsive' and 'Velocity' sensitive', but neither help.
That is why I thought VDJ might having a setting I could adjust to get finer detail. Currently, manually matching BPM's is pretty much impossible without the Sync button.

geposted 5 days ago @ 1:50 am
If it's 14b midi then even a pitch range of ±100% you'd get increments of ±0.012%
What does vdj see the device output as, ±1 or 0.0-1.0 ?

geposted 5 days ago @ 2:02 am
locoDog wrote :
If it's 14b midi then even a pitch range of ±100% you'd get increments of ±0.012%
What does vdj see the device output as, ±1 or 0.0-1.0 ?

Please forgive my noobness but where do I find that out?

geposted 5 days ago @ 2:34 am
in mapping twist a dial it will report the value it sees.
As much as everybody wants plug and play ease, the twister [and other fully configurable devices like it] are the kind of thing you want your own definition file for.
You might set it to be 14b midi in the device but I can't say how it's being read by the definition.
Maybe by default it's hiRes, but if your reporting steps, then probably not.

if the value reported is
±1 change the mapping to param_multiply 0.1 & pitch
else
0.0-1.0 try this mapping
param_equal 1.0 ? pitch +0.01% : param_equal 0.0 ? pitch -0.01% : param_delta & param_bigger 0 ? pitch +0.01% : pitch -0.01%

geposted 5 days ago @ 3:21 am
locoDog wrote :
in mapping twist a dial it will report the value it sees.
As much as everybody wants plug and play ease, the twister [and other fully configurable devices like it] are the kind of thing you want your own definition file for.
You might set it to be 14b midi in the device but I can't say how it's being read by the definition.
Maybe by default it's hiRes, but if your reporting steps, then probably not.

if the value reported is
±1 change the mapping to param_multiply 0.1 & pitch
else
0.0-1.0 try this mapping
param_equal 1.0 ? pitch +0.01% : param_equal 0.0 ? pitch -0.01% : param_delta & param_bigger 0 ? pitch +0.01% : pitch -0.01%

Okay found it. 0.02 is what it is reporting.
The action is simply 'Deck Left Pitch' or 'Deck Right Pitch'.
Do I need to enter the text you gave me after those actions?
Thanks

geposted 4 days ago @ 1:08 am
just the last one [example for 0.0-1.0]

geposted 4 days ago @ 1:39 am