Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Mini moving heads
So I was thinking of adding 4 mini moving heads to my mobile setup, Like my other lights which are in pairs and running in master / slave mode, I would like them to to be synchronized

However I would want them to have just around 200 degrees of movement, basically forward facing, looking at some of the downloadable instructions, I can't see any with a restriction, so I am guessing I would need to a separate dmx control system

So what are people using, would really like. Sound sync on the movements rather than just scenes or pre set patterns

geposted Sun 07 Jul 24 @ 12:40 pm
Moving heads usually do have onboard programs that are designed for different scenarios - at least mine do.

Obviously if you DMX them, they'll do whatever they're programmed to do, but you have the inconvenience of hooking them up to a computer or controller, programming sequences etc.

geposted Sun 07 Jul 24 @ 1:32 pm
I use Chauvet ShowXpress and it works well. Like anything there's a learning curve.

If they are non branded heads you may need a definition written for them.

Apparently the In-Music SoundSwitch is good if you want automation like you're describing.

geposted Sun 07 Jul 24 @ 1:33 pm
groovindj wrote :
Moving heads usually do have onboard programs that are designed for different scenarios - at least mine do.

Obviously if you DMX them, they'll do whatever they're programmed to do, but you have the inconvenience of hooking them up to a computer or controller, programming sequences etc.

Just looking at the cheaper mini heads, to drop on the overhead gantry, they are somewhat limited by the looks of them

Look like it will have to be a dmx solution, will take a look at sound switch

geposted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 5:55 am
I use 2x Inno Pocket Spot Twins - so 4 moving heads in 2 boxes
They are master/slave mode 2 paired, so that they sometimes move in unison and sometimes move mirrored. And thy are set to sound mode 3, which makes them only move within 180 degrees forward

They are old now, but your can get similar fixtures from other vendors - or buy them used

geposted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 3:12 pm

geposted Mon 08 Jul 24 @ 11:44 pm