Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Is it possible to activate slideshow through vdjscript?
I'm expecting this to be a dumb question and getting flak for not knowing, but I've just spent waaaay too much time trying to find out how to (make a button to) call the slideshow, direct it to a folder, and display one image static/continuously on top of the playing video.

I searched the VDJ website with google's custom search, searched ctrl+f on the vdjscript verbs page, nothing...

AFAIK there is not a single explanation on how to turn on the slideshow in vdjscript...

I could be wrong of course....

geposted 16 hours ago
IMHO it should be as easy as: sampler_play_stop 'Images/Banner'...
It works for audio and video. Why not for images?

geposted 15 hours ago
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can use deck master effect_active 'Slideshow' to turn on/off, but there is no action i am aware of to set the path.
Alternatively, you could use Sampler , at least for still image and video files. Sample actions can take path as parameter.
If you need to mimic a slideshow with images inside a specific folder, you could run it manually, record it and then drop it to a sample

BTW, i just tested image with sampler_play_stop and works fine...
sampler_play_stop "C:\Users\babis\Pictures\LogoCircular.png"
But putting them into sampler Bank and in the same Sampler Group , secures that only one of those will be shown (in case your images have some kind of transparency)

geposted 15 hours ago
Thanks to you, @DJDad, I got it to work. It was indeed simple, with one caveat: for images the full path must be wirtten out and also the extension! For audio and video not.

sampler_play_stop 'Video/Countdown' will play the video clip "Countdown.mp4" located in the sampler's video folder.

sampler_play_stop 'D:\Overlays\Banner.jpg' will show the image on top of the video playing.

Exactly what I wanted. Thank you so much!

geposted 15 hours ago