Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Improved Sound Quality

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dirtydHome userMember since 2001
When I dj next to a guy on vinyl, the sound quality is quite noticably dead. Does anyone have a solution to this (not plugins, I hate latency)? The job that a DSP plugin does is the effect I want but not the associated lack of speed. I'm using a SB128 Digital and a SB16, will getting 2 SB Live cards (or similar) make a big difference in the quality?

geposted Tue 19 Dec 00 @ 2:20 pm
I AM USING THE SOUND BLASTER LIVE CARD AND IT SOUNDS "DEAD" AT TIMES. I'VE FOUND THAT IT MOSTLY DEPENDS ON THE QUALITY OF THE .MP3 OR .WAV. I HAVE TRIED PLAYING WITH THE EAS (ENVIRONMENT AUDIO SETINGS), IT'S BASICLY A BUILT IN AFFECTS PROSSESOR WITH ECO, REVERB, CHORUS AND MANY OTHER FUNCTIONS, AND I CAN GET THE SOUND TO LIVEN UP BUT THIS AFFECTS THE TOTAL OUTPUT, SO IF YOU ARE PLAYING ONE TRACK THAT SOUNDS DEAD,YOU LIVEN IT UP WITH EAS AND YOU TRY TO MIX ANOTHER TRACK THAT USUALY SOUNDS FINE, YOU HAVE TO DEADEN THE SIGNAL USING AN EXTERNAL SOURCE. ANOTHER SOLUTION MIGHT BE TO USE AN AMPLIFIED SOUND CARD AND FILTER IT THROUGH A GOOD EQ THAT HAS A LEVEL ADJUSTMENT.

geposted Wed 20 Dec 00 @ 8:39 pm
Have you tried turning the volume of the output from the computer down to about 80% and increasing the gain on the mixer or amplifier?

geposted Tue 20 Mar 01 @ 2:12 am
nroblesHome userMember since 2001
oui

geposted Tue 25 Dec 01 @ 5:18 pm
lol

geposted Thu 21 Mar 02 @ 5:26 pm
lolll

geposted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 10:58 pm
this must be quite a while ago! things have improved!

geposted Tue 26 Mar 02 @ 10:58 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)