Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Lets expand atomix.......

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Well
i had a great idea whilst having a chat with R!SC the other nite...
At the next party im going to have i will distribute burnt CD's with a demo of atomix mp3...!!

After hearing me play people will hopefully buy atomix after gettin a demo of it...
So can either Yan X, cTiger, mama or R!SC design a cd cover so it looks more professional...

I hope u guyz realise that im 15 and i am gonna fork out the money for the blank CD's..
But im doing it because i am a loyal customer who wants atomixmp3 to prosper and grow...

Peace.....
DJ-Nero

geposted Sun 13 May 01 @ 2:35 pm
Good idea Nero.

You could always record a 70 minute mix and burn that onto the same CD, then sell them for $5 a piece - then you win as well!

Oh, and you can also upload your mix to the net and link it to the new site that R!SC and I are working on to promote Atomix and Atomix DJ's - which we will be telling everyone about very shortly.

Watch this space....

DJ DaveOcean

geposted Sun 13 May 01 @ 5:15 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
euh... the cover already exist so please wait few days i will contact the author.

geposted Sun 13 May 01 @ 8:57 pm
RiscHome userMember since 2003
Isn't that nice how every one is talking about me,
:)
Peace

-= R ! S C =-
Team Atomix

geposted Mon 14 May 01 @ 1:18 am
You are a legend risc..
hahahaha

Peace
DJ-Nero

geposted Mon 14 May 01 @ 11:36 am
I heard that R!SC guy does weird things with various vegetables?... is that true?

geposted Fri 18 May 01 @ 12:47 am
i hope not....

Peace
DJ Nero

geposted Fri 18 May 01 @ 11:54 am
Me 2 !!!

Hope not - that is, before you say anything Jim.

geposted Fri 18 May 01 @ 8:15 pm
Sorry, I just wanted to give R!SC some comic relief for the next time he comes pokin' his head in the forum.. Personally, I hope whatever he does with vegetables (preferably eating them) makes him happy...

geposted Fri 18 May 01 @ 9:32 pm
you're going to sell burnt cd's that contain a mix done by you using COPYRIGHTED songs. Sell for profit, yes?

Thats PIRACY and ILLEGAL. And you lot keep having a go at software pirates and crackers. HYPOCRITES.

What with this program and PIRATES selling mixes of other peoples tunes (TUNES THEY HAD TO WORK HARD TO PRODUCE AND SPEND MONEY MAKING) you are killing the music industry.

I don't suppose you'd mind if i downloaded one of the various cracks for atomix, would you?

geposted Fri 18 May 01 @ 11:57 pm
Go give some head to your boyfriend ok poof...
Do something constructive with yourtime..

Peace to all excpet "anonymous" poof...
DJ-Nero

geposted Sat 19 May 01 @ 1:43 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Sorry Nero but I must agree with Anonymous post: ou want to ell copyrighted songs... It is ILLEGAL and as moderator I can't stand this! Yes I know all the world do that but please don't say this here. FOr the demo it is a good idea ! now if you want to complete your cd put all the things you want but don't ay it here.

Y

geposted Sat 19 May 01 @ 11:20 am
First of all, let me appologise to Yan, and especially to Nero - it was I who suggested selling DJ mix CD's. Maybe, in hindsight, I should have been more specific about what tunes to use and how to go about it. But let's set some things straight. I did not say that Nero should use copywrite material - Nero and I have many discussions about him creating his own music using Cubase or similar - and if he wants to sell his own tunes, then he is the copywrite owner, and can do so to his heart's content.

As for DJ performances using copywrite protected music, having been a professional DJ for 7 years; I, like all other professional DJ's worldwide, do not get arrested every time I/we play out and get paid for profit. That is because the clubs we play in, pay for a licence which covers 'the public performance' of copywrited music and the artists rely on club and radio DJ's to help promote their material.

And as for selling mix CD's - yes this is technically illegal if you are using copywrited tunes, but becomes a grey area when you are provided with 'promo copies for DJ use only' directly from the record companies themselves. By rights, if you wish to sell copies of your mixes using any copywrited music, you MUST ALWAYS request the permission of the publishing record company or artist to do so.

Just think - where would the music artists be without the radio and club DJ's to promote their music in the first place. Internet radio is the next big thing where it comes to public performance of music - and there are already rules and guidelines for netcasting copywrite material freely available on the internet for you to read. Atomix is a tool that will allow DJs to perform such a netcast as well as performing live in a club.

As for 'crackers', the international copywrite laws also apply to software - I do not see that permission has been either requested or granted to give out free copies of the full atomix, which is definately illegal if you don't have the authority of the author. But Nero's original question - and Yan's answer above - regarding the giving out of the DEMO version, strikes me as the request, and authorisation for Nero to do so.

So then Mr Cracker - before you start spouting lyrical about DJ's killing music - just get your facts straight first and make sure you are not in a glasshouse before you start throwing stones. Go and do your research before you get on your soapbox - you will find that public performance IS NOT piracy - but cracking software most definately is ILLEGAL PIRACY. Music copying is already an extensively discussed subject and is a very contentious issue, but don't try to use that to justify what you do as acceptable. It seams that the person who keeps posting about free copies of atomix is not benfiting themselves other than in some sadistic way of spoiling things for the majority - go seek professional help whoever you are!

And Mr Anon (above), don't you think the atomix team work hard to produce the program and spend money making it - and the DJ's that use it work hard producing their mixes and spend money on the program in the first place? - Get real! - and if you do download one of the cracks - it won't work, read elsewhere in this forum!

Finally, a word of advice to genuine, registered users. If you intend to perform netcasts of your live or recorded mixes, please make sure you comply with the rules and legal requirements - you can find these on www.live365.com who provide excellent advice on the subject. If you wish to sell your mixes - get authorisation from the copywrite owner before using protected material.

Yan and Mama, sorry for the long message, but it all needed saying.

geposted Sat 19 May 01 @ 1:54 pm
I am well aware that public performances of music in the right establishments is legal, I didn't say it wasn't. I stated that doing the mix, recording it and then selling it on burnt CD's is a copyright infringment. GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT BEFORE HAVING A GO AT ME. Especially since all you had to do was to read my post properly to get your facts straight, not much to ask, really, is it?

As to Nero the pre-pubescent puerile and quite frankly pathetic boy whose only response was one of insult and childish name calling. No real substance to your post nero, nothing but poof, poof, and, oh yeah, poof. Very mature, intelligent and boy, did you get your well articulated point across - oh, look, over yonder, a pink piggy wiggy flying through the air....must've got a whiff of glue again...

Anyway, I was just making a point. Knew you'd all get feisty, that was my intention. Do you really think I give a damn about someone selling burnt cd's of music?! I'd do the same.

As for me being a cracker(????!!) I'm afraid you are very wrong, couldn't crack a cookie, let alone a program. And I don't use any type of crack on Atomix for 2 reasons: The cracks don't work, and secondly, I will buy atomix if and when i decide i want the full version. Lately I have been looking about and have seen that Atomix, although expensive, is half the price of competitors. Not only that, but, after downloading Traktor last night, I can see that Atomix, once the new version is out, is much better.

You'd need one hell of a computer to get Traktor running smoothly and it's not as easy to use as Atomix. I found it quite rubbish, especially the beat synchronisation.

Skank

geposted Sat 19 May 01 @ 2:37 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
To Dave: Thx a lot for this very long and absolutely true post!
To Shank: ...............go home!

mama

geposted Sat 19 May 01 @ 2:38 pm
Thanx Mama.

Skank - I DID NOT SAY USE COPYWRITE TUNES - if Nero wants to use his own material - that's perfectly legal.
Why taunt people with your threats to use a cracked version when you are considering buying it? Of course we are all going to react!

You are right about one thing though, Traktor! - I wouldn't want to use it live (and I have the full version). My PC is well above the min system requirements, and it still won't work without stuttering!!!

I hope you do choose to buy Atomix and join us - we are a friendly bunch really - we just get understandably annoyed at people who have nothing better to do than spoil other's enjoyment - same in all walks of life, not just with atomix. It all comes down to human nature.

Call it quits now???

geposted Sat 19 May 01 @ 8:56 pm
listen bro,
I Never said i was gonna ever put a mix on cd...
only demo of atomix, so for fucks sake leave us alone...!!!
i think ur the one that needs to grow up..!

DJ-Nero

geposted Sun 20 May 01 @ 1:01 pm
stop moaning you buncg of fuck ups

geposted Fri 22 Jun 01 @ 11:30 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)