Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Beta Testers to the rescue?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

DaSOHome userMember since 2001
I have seen a lot of anger and frustration in the forums. Many users are wondering if the new version will come out. Some people wonder if it exists period. Many users seem to be beginning to doubt whether they made the right choice, they are starting to miss that $60. I myself have grown impatient. I was counting on a release a long time ago. I have high hopes, especially after all this time, for the new one.

I wonder if anyone has tried this already, but I will. If atomix team gives the go ahead, I propose that Beta testers come forward and, staying within the team's guidlines that they swore to upon beta download day, acknowlege the existance of the new version. I'll be the first.

geposted Sun 16 Sep 01 @ 2:31 am
Mmmm, silence is deafening. Is this a sign?

geposted Mon 17 Sep 01 @ 1:45 pm
i agree with anon above .. i've lost faith in atomix :'(

geposted Mon 17 Sep 01 @ 9:44 pm
I am a beta tester. YES there is a Beta and there will be a new version. NO I won't tell you about the beta as it would definately piss off the peeps at Atomixmp3.

geposted Mon 17 Sep 01 @ 11:04 pm
I also am a BETA tester... it exists... the new version is coming.... The team is working very hard to get it ready... and it will be awesome.

.: Saint James :.

geposted Tue 18 Sep 01 @ 9:17 pm
To tell the truth, everyone who is a "member" or above is a beta tester... But we promised to say nothing about the features of the beta (which exists).

geposted Tue 18 Sep 01 @ 10:32 pm
whats' the point to keep it a secret?????

geposted Wed 19 Sep 01 @ 2:11 am
That's obvious, they like to annoy and dishearten customers. Everybody knows that it's good business sense to lose customer faith....and customers.

geposted Wed 19 Sep 01 @ 1:46 pm
Atomix is just a hack company that got in way over their head not realizing that to be successful you need to keep your customers happy, making them feel good about spending their money with atomix. Anyone else notice that other companies tell their customers most of the things in the new versions of their software and I seriously doubt Atomix is bringing anything new to the table. So with that I'm going to buy a product that just blows Atomix out of the water, a mixer and turntables, yes they are even more stable than this program.

geposted Thu 20 Sep 01 @ 8:28 pm
To tell all of the impatient users my personal opinion, when I bought the program I wasn't even aware they had upgrades. I was just happy with this version (1.12). Even if there was not any upgrades I still would have bought it just because 1.12 is very stable and satisfies the main purpose of mixing mp3's. Anything that Atomix decides to release after this version is just a bonus to me. I don't look at it as something thats necessary (cause we all know that this program and an external mixer is essentially the perfect combination). Even without the mixer, it is still a damn fine program. So I don't even bother with complaining. I'm content with what I got.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 12:27 am
By the way, I am also a beta tester. The new version DOES exist and I believe that the wait is worth it, no matter how long it takes Atomix to perfect it.

Miguel Sanchez

geposted Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 12:30 am
Another content user...whohappens to have the beta version, so doesn't have to bother with 1.12 anymore. Guess how many people WITH the beta version say they are happy and not complaining...? Give me the beta and I will be happy too.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 8:27 am
Look people...i had the beta on my system for all of 2 days. it kept crashing so i uninstalled it. I love the old version too much to be fooling around with the buggy beta. so i am in the same boat as you. be patient.

geposted Fri 21 Sep 01 @ 3:08 pm
;)

geposted Sat 22 Sep 01 @ 8:23 am
I have to agree with Rabicem733. I only used the beta to report the errors in the program. It is barely stable enough for me to use personally. I also only had it on my computer for a few days before uninstalling it. I've been using 1.12 since. So if you users think that we beta testers are content just because we have the beta than think again. It is likely that all the beta testers had got fed up with all the errors and crashes that they went back to 1.12. until the finished version surfaces.

Miguel Sanchez

geposted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 1:07 am
If people only have it on their systems for a couple of days, can all the errors really have been found and reported? I thought this long wait was because of lengthy beta testing....obviously not.

geposted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 1:06 pm
Unfortunately what you don't know Mr. Anonymous is that every bug was found due to the help of all the beta testers constant testing within those few days. It took only a few days to nail the bugs due to the amount of beta testers that were involved.

Miguel Sanchez

geposted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 7:49 pm
That is nice, so if the found many bugs. Does that means the progi is ready?.
Oh I like the sampler effect on the new version.

geposted Sun 23 Sep 01 @ 11:36 pm
I must be one of the few, but I have had relatively few problems with Beta (as in crashes and unuability) It seems more stable than 1.12.

No, the long wait is for what comes after beta testing - revision!

Or so we hope! :)

geposted Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 6:06 am
You know, we'll soon be in October. That's 10 months since the new version was foolishy announced. This is becoming laughable.

I don't care how many bugs were found or how much code needed changing, I could code a new operating system in less time than that, and that includes the time it takes for me to learn how to code.

Do you realise how long TEN months is, for such a relatively simple task?! Let's see; that's 43 weeks or 304 days. Imagine sitting in front of a computer for 304 days just clearing up bugs in a piece of software, and still not having it done. One must assume that only a small amount of these days were/are dedicated to working on the new version, if that it so, then it should be changed. A company should not be run like that.

Also, let's remember the Atomix Team's lengthy holiday, which still doesn't appear to be over, since there is no sign of any new announcements or any comments from them in this forum. Look at the last date that the Atomix 'news' had some "news" added to it. 304 days minus the holiday time....that's 104 days. Still far too long to be working on the new version still. This is getting rather pathetic. I promise you that the moment a piece of software is released by another company that can match Atomix's auto-beatmatching, I will be on their website downloading it immediately and Atomix will have lost another customer. We don't even get any announcements from the Team giving us a bit of news.

And if you don't think that another company will be able to come up with a beat-matching engine as good as Atomix's, think again, they will catch on. It may take a while, but hell, it'll very likely be before Atomix 1.2 is released.

It's just such a terrible shame that the Atomix Team don't read these posts. They might learn a few things about 'the customer'.

geposted Mon 24 Sep 01 @ 6:29 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)