Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Calling all working "Virtual" DJ's - Page: 2

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
I understand about the downloading. Maybe when managers/promoters/owners see me they figure I'm not a kid and I have the real music. Sometimes I show them my thousands of music videos and my thousands of karaoke files which we know are hard to find for a download. Then if I really want the gig and I get some weird reaction about computer, I'll do a set for free to show up their house jock. As for CD jocks, we have them here in town that download their tracks illegally and convert back to a cd file. Maybe our area (including NJ) is more progressive because we have had many a DJ Convention here which we all know has the latest technology. In my area if you find a turntable in a club it is used for a paperweight or just for conversation. In fact, most of the clubs only have one.

geposted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 6:10 pm
hello boys and girls
i am a new user of dj mix station and i think it's a very good production

geposted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 9:42 pm
Canadan is mixing "topics".
Playing original tunes and computer DJing are too different things that are not incompatible.
Actually, I am much more original with my Atomix software and my synths ... loops, on the flyx remix, additional parts ... etc ...

Hey canada, if you think beatmatching is the main feature have fun ... I prefer knowing music and understanding what people expect. Beatmatching two songs that are not appropriate will not make people dance.

Great technicians don't make great artists. This debate reminds me about the debate around the use of synthesizers vs "classical" instruments ... The synthesizers being "known" to do everything itself.

But I guess this is an endless debate. So people need to affirm themselves, I'm confident with what I do, as long as people dance ... that's the main thing.

Have fun guys!

geposted Tue 16 Dec 03 @ 11:19 pm
No, beatmatching will not get people to dance.

BUT

If you're a club dj and each mix sounds like boots in the dryer, you're not going to get a good response from the partiers AND the promoters.

Therefore, its the essential part of DJing.

i'm well aware of the importance of tracklisting and crowd reading.

geposted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 12:16 am
and no i'm not mixing topics.

i'm saying you shouldnt be using VDJ unless you've baught the albums or it's original music.

In MOST clubs and for most promoters, it better be the later.

geposted Wed 17 Dec 03 @ 12:18 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)