Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 2 SOUND OUTPUTS ON A LAPTOP?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I've just bought a laptop, it has an on board 16 bit sound card... How do i make the damn thing dual output, because obveously i can't put an extra sound card in the damn thing!!! I just don't understand how you guys with laptops have dual output... NO I DON'T WANT TO SPLIT MY STEREO INTO 2 OUTPUTS!! Please tell me how to do the job, what do i need and what does it cost? You would really help me out with a good answer because i bought the damn laptop just for DJ'ing in a mobile way... Thanks, by the way, Atomixmp3 rules da hardcore scene!

geposted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 9:10 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Buy a second audio card. Look for a USB audio device -like telex usb audio ''https://shop.telex.de/seshop/telex/list_a.html'' or a pcmcia audio, but is much more expensive. Also you must have the full atomixmp3 version and not the demo.

geposted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 9:54 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The above answer is correct. I too use a laptop. I also have the Telex usb audio device. It works like a charm.

geposted Thu 13 Dec 01 @ 10:11 pm
DJ OmniHome userMember since 2001
Also, there are PCMCIA sound cards available on the market and I believe they should have a much better latency than USB options.

DJ Omni
http://www.productionsomni.com

geposted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 12:17 am
thanks guys

geposted Fri 14 Dec 01 @ 2:06 pm
I'm using an USB audio adapter from HAMA (German company). Latency is perfect (not noticeable), but an irritating problem is that it doesn't seem to be tuned to 44100 Hz exactly. When I play the same song on the built-in soundcard and the USB adapter, they get out of sync after half a minute or so :-(

I don't know if this is the USB adapter's or the built-in sound chip's fault though...

Speaking of which, it would be fantastic if I could just tell Atomix about this sync difference and it would adjust automatically! I imagine I would enter like "Soundcard B is 0.5% faster", and Atomix would correct the sound output to compensate. Is this kind of feature planned?

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 2:28 pm
hey man i am using encore audio converter it's usb and i haven't had a problem it's 26 bucks :))) it works fine 4 me

geposted Sun 27 Jan 02 @ 10:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)