Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: moving sliders etc stops the wave display and ..

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

anyone experienced that moving sliders etc stops the wave display and other displays.. or makes them super laggy?

also if you move the wave with mouse it almost stops updating and makes it very hard to match the waves, you have to use keyboard to match..

i didn't experience these problems in 1.12 version.

my computer is 800mhz p2 + tnt2, tried on slower computer with tnt1 but same problem..

btw someone could measure does the EQ in zero position alter the frequency response compared to playin in winamp or something!

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 5:32 pm
Yes, when the EQ is in it's zero or central position, it removes mid and high range frequencies while boosting the bass. This was a mistake and really should be altered.

I was just listening to a really funny couple of tunes by MC Hawking, it's rap using the same voice synthesizer as Professor Stephen Hawking. I was wondering, is there anywhere I could download a synthesizer that uses the same voice as him? I've looked but can't find anything...

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:11 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
If you could tell us which synth it is, we could maybe help you out ;-)

Greetz & merry Xmas, ikke

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 7:21 pm
Well, the one that Hawking actually uses is a hardware device. I am looking for a software device. The hardware synthesizer he uses is made by 'Speech+'. Anything that resembles the voice of his synthesizer would be adequate.

I have downloaded a synthesizer called 'CoolSpeech' which I have found, from listening to website samples, uses a similar voice to Hawking's. Unfortunately, it won't work. The voice files included with it and the ones I downloaded won't appear in the preferences box, so I cannot use them.

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 9:10 pm
My mistake, speech+ is actually a Windows-based program, but I can't find a web site for it anywhere. Can't find a homepage.

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 10:56 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Try to put a new sound car! Thats solves my problems!

geposted Sat 22 Dec 01 @ 11:48 pm
AnalogX (www.analogX.com) makes a small proggy called SayIt that allows you to type text to be converted to computer speech, even saved to a wave file. The quality isn't all that great, but I've used it to make a few one-shots and identification announcments (i.e. you are in the mix with The Goner blah blah blah blah blah etc...) with interesting results. The kicker...yeah it's free.

Later

The "How do you say...ah! yes..." Goner

geposted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 10:42 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The site is not available. Is it the right adress??

geposted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 11:01 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
mama, it's www.analogx.com. That one works. The software you're talking about isn't really that good, sorry. IBM has also text-to-speech products, or even other companies have. Just go to google and search for text-to-speech. You'll find a lot.

Greetz & merry Xmas, ikke

geposted Sun 23 Dec 01 @ 11:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)