Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Overclocking Pentium II

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I have a pentium 2 - 233 MHz with 220 Megs of Ram.

Does anyone know how i would go about overclocking it?

I know it's not as easy as it would be to overclock an athlon, so help me if u could!

Thanks alot
Cheers.

geposted Sat 29 Dec 01 @ 1:08 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
Go into your bios and change your voltage multiplyer...
i wouldnt overclock it by more then 1V... theoretically your CPU is running at 3.5V multiplied 66mhz if you overclock it to 4.5 volts it will run at close to 300mhz.. make sure you have a fan on ur cpu, coz u dont want it to melt on you.....

.::DJ2nV::.

geposted Sat 29 Dec 01 @ 2:10 am
I have a pentium II 450 mhz, can i overclock it too, and what would be the best settings for my CPU, thanks

geposted Sat 29 Dec 01 @ 7:19 pm
I don't recommend overclocking your cpu. If you do this:
1: You warranty will be terminated
2:Your system can be unsteady
3: You might melt the chip if your fan isn't powerful enough.
Buy a new computer! They're really cheap right now!! Or, if you don't want to spend too much money, put in a new processor and motherboard.

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 12:19 am
It's not so easy for me...

i have a compaq

- Nothing is Compatible (i.e: RAM, CD-ROM, Hard drive)
- The case won't allow you to install a new motherboard

Compaq's are shit in my opinion.

I am probably just going buy a new computer. They are pretty cheap, considering what you get for your buck.

I'll probably just going to stick with an T-Bird 900 with an ecs motherboard (any opinions????!!!!!!)

Cheers.
Dave.

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 7:02 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
its betta then wat im usin.......... lol
im getin a PIII 450, i will clock it up to 550mhz
if it is a PII it will moxt probs be outa warranty anywayz

.::DJ2nV::.

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 8:20 am
Not if it's a dell! The best computer company! I bought from dell, and I am so impressed with their tech support, and warranties. Also, they have the best prices!

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 3:46 pm
OH! Dells are Great...

But only if you are starting from nothing and don't know much about computers.

All dells come with operating systems, monitors, software and all the extra shit....thats great but its all incorporated in the price. But that is a good price considering you are getting everything.

I have a 17 inch trinitron monitor and alomost ALL copies of windows. I am probably going to buy a system from the "guy at the corner". I can get a T-Bird 900 for $420 Canadian (about $260 US).

I find that it is alot more cheaper to upgrade now.

COULD YOU GUYS TELL ME IF INTEGRATED MOTHERBOARDS ARE REALLY PIECES OF SHIT ? I never play games....but i use alot of visual plug-ins.

Cheers.
DAve

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 6:02 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Why are you buying complete PC´s? Most of them can´t be upgraded. Invest some hours and buy the parts, then build yourself an amazing puter. It´s mostly cheaper and almost always better than these readyfortakeoffcomps! :-))

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 7:49 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
trip_likeido:

What do you mean with integrated boards? The boards with sound and graphics on board? For usage with AtomixMP3 I would never buy an integrated sound on board. Either it´s useless for you, or you must disable it later, if you want to upgrade your parts i.e. to a high quality 3D card.

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 7:53 pm
I am talking about Sound and Video.

I know integrated video is shit when you are playing games. But i do not play games....i only use my computer for surfing the internet and atomix.

Okay...on-board sound is not that bad. It hardly uses the system's resources and like any other sound card (except the audigy)...it has 16 bit sound. Most of the motherboards out there come with on-board sound, but if you really must....you can always disable it in the bios.

Cheers.
Dave

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 10:08 pm
also....motherboards with on-board sound are not any more expensive.

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 10:10 pm
casperHome userMember since 2001
Overclocking your Pentium II's are possible but under the right conditions. You'll have to jump into the BIOS to try to modify the FSB -- if your motherboard allows that. You could also try to adjust the Multiplier but you won't have much luck since most PII's are locked at the multiplier level.

As for motherboards with integrated solutions, I highly recommend you skip that nonsense and go with dedicated cards. Reason being is because these "integrated" sound and video options rely mostly on your CPU to process the incoming data. For Atomix users, that would be bad because you're putting extra burden on your CPU which would lead to slowdowns during your mixing sessions.

geposted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 9:51 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)