Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Can I have two soundcards?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I was told by dell that there would be a 90 percent chance of a conflict if I have two sound cards. It sounds like many other users have them though. Doesn anybody know if I can have both a tbs montego a3d soundcard and a soundblaster live xgamer soundcard on one computer?

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 5:26 am
They told me that too. I went ahead and changed the settings in the BIOS peripheral to -manual- for the sound cards. I haven't had any problems with conflicts. I use both soundcards with atomixmp3 everyday and it works great. (crystal wdm and SB pci128)

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 5:46 am
How do I go into the BIOS?

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 3:45 pm
It is different in some PC's. I have an HP and to get into my BIOS I had to press F1 multiple times at startup. In other words.....press F1 continuously when your startup screen comes up. For me that is a blue Hewlett Packard screen. You might have to look at your manufacturers manual. When in the bios go to -Peripheral-. Change your sound card settings to manual. It is probably on auto. That is for plug n play. When you install a second sound card it will probably cancel out the old one if this setting is not changed. You won't be able to find your old soundcard at all. This is what Dell might be talking about. Its actually pretty easy to do this. I hope this helps ya...........8~)

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 5:35 pm
Thank you for your help. It turns out that I don't have that setting in my bios, so I don't have to change it (or so says dell). Thank you for your help.

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 5:53 pm
Hmmmm, I'm still having problems. I have the drivers installed now for the second sound card, but my computer doesn't seem to be recognizing it. I tried the bvios thing, and I don't have that option. What should I do?

geposted Sun 30 Dec 01 @ 6:11 pm
There has to be a way to enable your soundcard in the bios. Like I said....not all bios are the same. yours is different than mine, but it still controls all the same things. You'll have to try and figure it out. Were you able to find the peripheral settings? if not try and find anything that applys to your sound. Remember...if u do change any bios settings, take a note of it in case you have to reset. Peace

geposted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 6:26 am
Yes, I was able to get into the peripheral settings, but there was nothing in it about soundcards.

geposted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 5:55 pm
It might not say soundcard. Try anything that looks like it might pertain to audio.

geposted Tue 01 Jan 02 @ 3:44 am
It turns out I can't have 2 soundcards. To have two soundcards, you must have one built into the motherboard, or something not in a pc card slot. I have both of mine in pc card slots. This will not be possible for me. I'll just use 3d, since I have a 3d soundcard.

geposted Tue 01 Jan 02 @ 6:15 pm
Thank you for all you help along the way.

geposted Tue 01 Jan 02 @ 6:16 pm
Ok. need some info here.

Which Dell machine?
which operating system are you running?

Under 2K and XP I have been able to get a few machines running with dual sound cards.. it's really simple, especially under XP!

I run (2) CM8738-based generic sound cards for mixing... works like a champ.

geposted Wed 02 Jan 02 @ 9:59 pm
I have a dell xps t600r
pentium 3 600mhz
win 98
384 ram
20 gig. hard drive
15 gig hard drive
dvd-rom
cd-rw
sounndblaster live! xgamer
tbs montego 2 (second soundcard that won't work with the soundblaster)

geposted Thu 03 Jan 02 @ 2:38 am
Nver mind, i got it to work with the 3d soundcard mode. Thanx for your help.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 4:44 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)