Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 4 out pcmcia laptop soundcard for sale

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ive got a brand new egosys wamibox 4 out soundcard for sale for only $350. These are $499 to buy new

This unit connects to your laptop via the pc card slot and is also powered via that very same connection. It gives you 4 outputs or you can use it as 2 stereo pairs. Also it features a spdif and digital in and output but thats not much use to many of us i would guess. Furthermore this unit has a headphone out and also a mic input, both are 1/4 jacks. Lastly the unit has a midi in and ouput jack.

The 4 main outputs are goldtipped RCA jacks. This unit works great on the dell inspiron laptops ive used. I run the outputs into my external mixer with it.

if your into any computer recording programs its also worth mentioning this unit has MME, direct X, AISO and the new WDM drivers supported so it works with any software programs.

email me at infader1@hotmail.com if you have any questions about this unit.

also its worth noting that the Maudio Quattro is worthless. Its a bit cheaper and says its 4 outputs however thats only using AISO drivers under a program such as cubase. If you read the manual you will find that its only a stereo output under direct x drivers

geposted Fri 04 Jan 02 @ 3:54 am
where do you live?

geposted Fri 04 Jan 02 @ 1:27 pm
Sorry, forgot to mention im located in the united states. Easy to forgot how much of a global thing this forum is

geposted Fri 04 Jan 02 @ 4:07 pm

geposted Fri 04 Jan 02 @ 6:39 pm
Im only asking $350 for the unit and its new in the box

geposted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 1:43 am
well i checked that site where its $359 so ill offer mine for $325. I got mine direct through egosys as i did not know anyone in the united states sold them. Great unit and company so im glad to see they are getting more dealers.

geposted Sat 05 Jan 02 @ 9:00 am
DJtalonHome userMember since 2001
Hmm I'll have to buy one of these when I get my Inspiron... I was going to get some USB one but PCMCIA sounds like a better plan :D

geposted Mon 07 Jan 02 @ 4:25 am
USB just has to limited of bandwidth, at least for multiple outs. There are alot of usb units out however they are always only a stereo pair. I just dont think its possible to move any more data over it. Now there is USB 2.0 which is similar to firewire but til that technology comes to laptops is a ways off i think.

Firewire is a good technology as well but sadly only high dollar cards with like 8 ins and outs are being made. Im sure they work great but $1500 for a soundcard is a bit expensive unless your an audio recording pro and really would have the need to record 8 inputs as once. be really cool for live band shows etc

geposted Mon 07 Jan 02 @ 8:24 am
Hello,

it seems the WAMI-Box doesn't work correctly with AtomixMP3. Although detectet right it gives Sound on the "front" and "rear" only simultanious. So you can't work with two channels.

P.S.: WAMI-Box settings are correct because ist works finr with BPM Studio (but with Atomix not)

Greetings JF

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 12:32 pm
are you using the newest WDM drivers for the wamibox ? i think the older drivers did not support multiple instances of direct x so perhaps thats why your could not get 2 seperate channels, however im not quite sure what you mean by front and rear

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:26 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)