Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: A Few DJ Questions

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Some of these questions may sound stupid:

1) I have heard of many DJ's and producers releasing "White Lables"..what exactly is a white label ?

2) What is the purpose of a target light on a turntable ?

3) I know what digital output is but where can you auctually use it ?

4) Is C++ the only code for coding DLL's for effect plugins ?

5) How come in shortcuts, there is no shortcut for Full bass/mid/treble ? (or am i blind?)

6) I just purchased a behringer mixer...Was that a mistake or is behringer known to be a top brand?

You guys REALLY know your shit !!!!
So be very kind and share it with the rest of us who don't !(like DJ's like me who cant even come up with a name) : }

THANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 8:17 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
1. Normally "white label" means, that someone offers a remake, or a complete song from anyone else on his own name.

2. It is to help the DJ to see, where on the vinyl he is. In some clubs it´s very dark behind the players.

3. I.e. with a home cinema theater. For usage in clubs unimportant.

4. As I know, C and C++.
(note from Yan-X : every language which is able to create a dll file)

5. Not until now.

6. The small Behringer mixers are crap. The sliders won´t live long and you can´t change them separately.

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 11:19 am
i have a behringer dx 500 for a few months now, it kicks ass especially when you look at the price... Don't like the sampler though (low quality), but who needs a sampler anyways???

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 1:50 pm
BTW: Its a Behringer DX-100 mixer.

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:47 pm
I have a DX-500 Behringer. No complaints, especially for the money!!!!! Its not crap, that's for sure!

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 5:07 pm
A white lable is when the producer puts out a limited copy of the song before its signed to a lable. Copys will get round to DJs and played in clubs, then someone will pick up on it from a label and contact the producer offering him a deal for the rights to that song. Then its released on general release to the public. You can multiple sign the same song, say for different countries. etc

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 9:37 pm
Good response anonymous, you know more than the 'experienced members' here :)

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 2:55 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Sorry! *g*

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 6:05 pm
behringer bt-100 sucks, at least that's the public opinion and not only that, but also the opinion of the shop where i bought my dx-500... The 100 has worse sound quality, no individual equalizers for each channel and cheaper components... An amateur, oh no, my mistake... A ROOKIE, uses the 100, a not wealthy pro uses the 500... Sorry you've bought the wrong one...

geposted Wed 09 Jan 02 @ 11:34 pm
BT-19900 ? Are you talking about the DX-100.

If so, you really think it sucks ? Should i have stuck with a numark Blue Dog or a Gemini PMX ?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 1:24 am
(Sorry) BT-100 ?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 1:25 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've had a couple Gemini mixers (years ago) I hated them. On both of them there were similar issues. The microphone channel was noisy, and the sliders got noisy very quickly. I was told by the local "fix it" guy that Gemini is a low end unit, with low end components. (I believe him) I've had several Numarks, and even an American DJ mixer since then, and have been very happy with these mixers. My personal rule of thumb is that if it's the least expensive, there's probably a reason for it. If you are going to do gigs for money, buy decent equipment.

Rick

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 1:47 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)