Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Atomixmp3 security idea

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

why don't you make atomixmp3 a spy ware... everytime it is started, the program will make connection with the internet and sends the serial to a server, then the program recieves how many users have used the same serial from the server. If this is more than 1, the program crashes... Easy, not? The only thing is that the prog needs an internet connection, but if the illegal users know about this security they simply not connect, but you could keep this security silent (so nobody knows about it and just simulate a fatal program crash)...
I think this is a good idea, please share your thoughts with me... Thanks

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 2:44 pm
are you kidding, how about those how wanna play it in the club, duh......or how about those who doesn't have internet connections at all??? Are you kidding with you idea???

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 2:58 pm
From reading his post, I believe he is saying that an internet connection wouldn't be necessary in order for the program to run, which is why the spyware would have to be kept secret so people with pirate copies didn't know they would first have to stop their internet connection before using Atomix.

Bad idea, full stop. Any program I have that has spyware is caught by my firewall trying to access the internet, I then stop it and if necessary hack or get it hacked by somebody to remove the spyware or disable it, not a difficult thing to do at all. There are also commercial programs that detect spyware and if possible stop it from being able to access the internet.

Nobody spies on me. I do not like the idea and I know most people don't. Spyware is wrong for a number of reasons - mainly ethical and moral. My privacy will not be invaded by commercial entities using clandestine software-spies.

Bad idea. Stop worrying about other people's businesses and concentrate on your own life. Why on earth does it bother you so much you come up with a security idea? Do you lose money every time someone uses a pirate version of any software? If you do, fair enough, but unless you are part of Atomix, why bother about it. You'll go grey.

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 5:56 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
No we have others ideas for the moment but the main problem is the more protection we will add the less easy to use the programm will become so it is unfair for our loyal registered users...

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 6:46 pm
That is the worst idea I have ever heard. Considering not many people use atomixmp3, this would discourage people from buying it. I used to have a crack of v1.2, and I thought it was so good, I bought the full version within a month.

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 7:58 pm
Are ya kidding? Spyware??? Nobody would gank uh spyware... besides, we's could easily detect it wiff da bandwitt use an dat boil on mah ass... ya dig?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:27 pm
well instead of protections using internet everytime, one might consider irregular/random checking of alterations to file and random amount of time when there's a "this is trial version" and making the trial version text encrypted and make the nag displays to use some own code in atomixmp3 instead of standard windows stuff.. i believe that with these little modifications not every guy who has read some tutorial and downloaded the free tools, can remove the limits etc so easily.

also good idea is to use some checks to see if there's some cracker utilities running and then setup some flag that causes random crashing or other fun =)

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:41 pm
Fun one could be playing some Hahahaha or some other funny sample randomly if there's been tampering going on or something?

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 8:42 pm
ok sorry guys, i understand, bad idea, didn't think hard enough i guess!

geposted Thu 10 Jan 02 @ 11:21 pm
No sweat newbie. Keep posting, and stay active in the forums, they're a great way to learn to use features on atomixmp3, and solve problems you're having.

geposted Fri 11 Jan 02 @ 1:15 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)