Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: use effects in hardware-mode (2 soundcards + mixer)

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Is it possible in atomix 2.0 (paid version) to get the effects (siren, scream, etc.) to work with this sound config:
2 soundcards + external mixer?

I only get it to work in software-mode, which means I can not config the sound for 2 soundcards + mixer, because in that config, you must use hardware-mode (option to turn off hardware-mode is greyed out).

Thanks for your replies,
Arie

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 1:14 pm
arie, you're right, it isn't possible... You cannot play samples (that's what you mean, not effects) in hardware mode IN ONE WINDOW. Still it is possible this way:
1 go to options, select multi instance as enabled (this way you can use multiple windows of atomixmp3)
2 close atomixmp3
3 open it again
4 now: open it another time! (you have 2 atomixmp3 windows running now)
5 in the second window, don't use hardware mode, but software mode and select one soundcard (the soundcard where you want to play the samples)

Now you can mix in hardware mode + PLAY SAMPLES!

Of course you want to play samples on both sound cards i think, so you will have to open a third window and use the other sound card there in software mode...

Of course this isn't very easy to mix and play samples etc. because you have to switch windows and stuff, but if you practice a little you will do it fast...

BUT THIS WASNT NECESAIRY IF THE ATOMIXMP3 TEAM FINALLY GETS THE DAMN UPDATE!!!

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 1:53 pm
first of all! Don't blame the team ... if you can do it better do it yourself! ...
And for the samples, there are enough sample progs on the net with more functions than the integrated sample players in Atomixmp3 so it is possible to play samples in hardware mode ... just just an other prog ... you can even use good old winamp :-)
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 3:19 pm
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
as said, we are working on this feature for next versions

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 4:17 pm
you talked bout some sample players...can you give me any names? the ones you think's the best... of course i need systemwide hotkey...

greetz.

:+: dj vishnu :+:

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 5:47 pm
forgot to log in :p

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 5:48 pm
-There is http://www.radix.co.uk/radsamp/, it's an older one but perfect for the job ...
-Try older radio automation systems, they are based on the CART system which means that you can load a certain number of music files and assign a key to it ...
try www.audiotools.co.uk en go to radio automation and see what you can use, on this site you'll find all kinds of audio related software, dj tools, cd covers etc ... too much to typ it all check -- www.audiotools.co.uk
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

ps an idea for the forum: add support for hyperlinks ... ;-)

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 6:52 pm
"... if you can do it better do it yourself! ... "

Ummm, didn't we PAY Atomix for doing that, though.....?

Hmmmm, next time I have the decorators around to paint my walls, I'll remember not to tell them to do a good job, as they may just tell me if I want it done better, I should do it myself.... Although I could remind them that the reason they are getting paid for doing the job is precisely because I don't want to do it. Hence the whole 'payment' thing...

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 10:01 pm
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hmm, ok, then pay them 60 bucks and we´ll see, how long they paint for you... :-))

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 10:58 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL!! Good one Mama!

geposted Wed 16 Jan 02 @ 11:13 pm
Thanks for all the help, I am looking to forward to the Team enabling samples in hardware mode in a future release.

Also, T-Bone, thanks for the links to 3rd party programs enabling samples.

I kinda regret that my message has led to a little complaining about more updates and money and release dates and such.
Let's just all be happy about the enormous accomplishments we have made so far. I know, I would also like to see more improvements, but I feel we all have to do this together. The DJ-users can provide ideas and experiences from their gigs, and if we are reasonable about it, I'm sure the development Team will pick up our suggestions.

Keep those hard drives spinnin',
Arie

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 9:33 am
First of all ... mister "anonymous" I didn't mean it in that way but as mama said ...what you want more? the team polishing your shoes because you bought atomixmp3? I don't mean to affend you, please remember that, let's just drop it? ok?
There are other more important issues in life that need to be solved ... like? are britney's pears real? :-p
As i sais before, check out www.audiotools.co.uk for all kinds of audio related stuff, really good site!
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

ps : ikke, maybe you can gon on a collect trip from door to door on a wednesday afternoon! ;-)))

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 12:31 pm
Mama - What you are saying is that the Atomix Team aren't getting enough money for them to make a good product. Okay then.

As for Britney's pears, they are fake I tell you. Not that I have first hand knowledge of that....unfortunately.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 2:03 pm
a sampler with systemwide hotkeys, that work under win2k and/or winXP .... got runtime error on radsamp...

any suggestion?

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 6:32 pm
Make sure you have the latest VB runtime libraries installed and if the prog still doesn't work try running it in compatibily mode ... it works for me because it run xp ... and in case you don't like this prog check out www.audiotools.co.uk and browse it, you'll find heaps of cool progs ...
Greetz, Dj T-Bone

ps i know of another sample player one of my friends uses ... i'll try to get the url ...

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 6:47 pm

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 6:54 pm
Thanks T-Bone

greetz

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 9:22 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
T-Bone, if you give me your home adres, I can come next wednesday ;-)...

Greetz, ikke

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 9:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)