Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Do video Cards affect Atomix's Performance ?

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Could anyone tell me ... ?

I'm sorry if i sound annoying with all these questions. In the unlikely event that it bothers you in any way ... just don't read this.

I have learned SO much in this forum about DSP and all that kinda shit (well ... ikke helped 75 % of the time).

(Mixvibes 4.0 is going for $109 US ?!?! )

geposted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 8:28 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
THX trip_likeido!!

Because Atomix uses DirectX for the video output (if I understood well ;-)), you performance will be better if you use a fast video card (well, one with an on-board processor), so your main processor can use his power to calculate the DSP (;-)) functions on the music, or perform other important tasks.

Greetz, ikke

geposted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 5:06 pm
A good video card will help your speed at a high resolution, and will make atomix run faster so that the cpu can go faster. You shouldn't get a cheap video card, because technology is advancing fast, and a cheap video card will soon be very slow, and outdated. Spend the extra $50-$100 for a good video card, and have fun mixing with atomix!
-MixMasterMatt

geposted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 6:54 pm
IMO, it's probably not going to make a great deal of difference, unless you are using an old ISA video card or suchlike! Any reasonably current 2D direct-draw capable card (nothing sold today would not at least fit this description) should be more than adequate. You are probably better off buying a faster processor than buying a $200 ATI Radeon video card etc.

Cheers...
Swift

geposted Tue 22 Jan 02 @ 11:04 pm
Well I have a computer on-board video which uses the system's memory (RAM), that's expandable to 8, 16, 32 and 64. Atomix runs incredibly smooth in all modes.

Now I bought a cheap little ASUS 8 MB AGP card and the system and atomix performs the exact same ! So it goes to show that you not need a 64 meg DDR GeForce card.

Thanks for your help!

geposted Wed 23 Jan 02 @ 12:46 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)