Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: DJ Mixers ...... I NEED your expert opinions, Guys !!!!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I really really need to replace my behringer dx100 !

I have been looking around for 3 Channel mixer and the Numark 2000x seems to be the right one for me. I came across this Gemini BPM-250 for an AMAZING price, but I heard that Gemini is a pile of crap.

I am not willing to spend alot of $$$, so don't count on me looking at Vestax or Pioneer, or Denon, etc. I've looked at the DX-500 (which is discontinued), but that seems to be a little too much for me.

Any thoughts ????? !!!!!

Dave.
-- If it ain't broken, don't fix it. If it sounds crazy, remix it. --

geposted Thu 07 Mar 02 @ 1:57 am
geminis work fine. Yes they arent quite as good of quality as the other brands but theres now way your going to be able to hear any audio difference. specailly with just using mp3's.

Might not last quite as long but its not like it will wear out in a month. Yeah maybe in a year if you use it for hours a day it will being to wear but think of all the cool new mixers and other technology that you will want to buy in a year.

spend as little as you need to in order to get something useable and worry about getting good. Far to many people like to drool over gear but they dont even practice. Get good with what you got and when you get $500 a night dj bookings buy yourself something nice then.

geposted Thu 07 Mar 02 @ 8:09 am
mamaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Good selection: Behringer!

Since the VMX were released, the DX 500 is a cheap and good alternative!

geposted Thu 07 Mar 02 @ 9:37 pm
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004
i like my dx 500 hehehehehehe its a very nice mixer

geposted Sat 09 Mar 02 @ 1:02 pm
I got a Numark EM-460 which is total perfection. Sice the EM-460 is a little expencive(but worth it), you can get a EM-260. It has the Kaoss Pad, 5-4 inputs, equilizer for each channel...etc.
Check it out!.....personally I am very satisfied with it. A very good mixer.

geposted Mon 11 Mar 02 @ 4:13 pm
Ummmm ..... "I am not willing to spend alot of $$$, .... "

Anything from the EM series is out of the question.

geposted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 12:55 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Look, obviously this is your first mixer. It's probably not going to be your last. Pick any one you can afford that seems to have the features that you feel you need. After using it for a while you'll learn what you wish it had, and what you don't need. There's a market for used mixers. You won't loose everything on it. Set your sights on what you want down the road a bit, then trade this one in, or sell it in the classifieds. Don't fret over this first one too much, call it a learning experience.

Good Luck man!

Rick

geposted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 1:28 am
Thanks for your advice rick !

I was unsure at the beginning when I first bought my little mixer. I thought the mixer in atomix was fine enough, but i needed something cost-effective only to satisfy my craving for a mixer. Everything on it is great except for the fact you can't preview the level before cueing. This was definately a learning experience ! I know that I need an extra channel, EQ on each channel and slider/gain cueing. I hate to let it go because it's nice and silver and (in my opinion) has good quality components.

And also I have learned a great deal in this forum on mixers. I REALLY REALLY want to get a DX-500, but it's just out of my price range. So I am picking up a used American DJ XDM-343 Mixer. I have been told that American DJ makes sturdy, reliable products.

Cheers.
Dave.

P.S - Rick .... drop me a line sometime (dap@sympatico.ca)

geposted Tue 12 Mar 02 @ 3:04 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)