Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Good and Bad

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok.I have read what people respond to and there seems to be two responses.If I am nice about atomix,the responses are less,so thats why I am going to say:I was "conned " into buying atomix last week as it seems to "promise the world" and "nothing compares".After trying to mix with it I have had nothing but problems.You can't hear the sound from one deck without taking away the sound from another.You can't hear how they will sound together before you put it in.Everytime you try and put a sound on the deck the A or B lights up and lessens the quality of the other.I could go on,but that is not my biggest problem.Everytime I have tried to make a mix,I lose the sound from one of the decks,regardless of what light is on.I play A,mix to B,put another on A ,and nothing.Looks like it's playing,has colours like it's playing,but nada.No sound at all.If I close it down,then start again, both work,then B will do the same after a few plays.In theory ,this would be a fantastic system.For the short time that I have used it,it mixes well,and is easy to use,but my patience are running thin.Now granted,$60 as u yankies put it,is not an awfull lot of money.(£41 equivillent)but I would still like the thing to work.So if any of you,"we love and swear by atomix crew" have read this,please try and convert me by telling what the f*** is the set up with the complete loss of sound every time I try and mix.Don't make me regret selling my sl1200's and full bifta,for a computer with shite software please....
GaelicGuru

geposted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 4:08 pm
Hmm, you're just plain wrong. Try reading the manual. In the meantime, here are some answers:

1: You can hear the sound in both decks if you move the crossfader into the middle position, or if you just want to hear one deck on headphones, configure your soundcard prtoperly and select the deck you want to listen to on headohones.

2:You can hear how they sound together in the full version of 2.1 if you use a skin with a preview crossfader for the headphones. This way, you can hear how the songs sound together before you mix them over the speakers.

3:No, the quality does not change when you put songs into the decks. Yes, the sound may decrease slowly with the auto gain, but just turn off the auto gain if you don't like it.

4:Hmmm, did you move the crossfader back over to deck A when you mix back to deck A? Check in the soundcard configuration setup to make sure you have the right settings selected.

5:next time sign in

-MixMasterMatt

geposted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 4:42 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I Think you'll find Atomix is actually french !!!

I also think you may not have atomix configured properly.

But it ! you won't regret it, its simply the best mp3 mixing software on the market but like all software there is a learning curve to find out what settings suit your system.

I run it both on a desktop and also a laptop going out live 2 or three times a week and i swear by it !

STU

UK

geposted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 7:15 pm
To me it sounds like you have your set up as a 3d system and end up listening to a mono output...hence when you move the deck over you listen to the other channel.

Have you set it up for monitoring ? if so is it correct?

'out of the box' the software is set up for one sound card and for no monitoring by the looks.....and both decks will play out of stereo earphones.

give us the specs of your system ie: soundcard and speakers...

geposted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 10:08 pm
It all works, just config bro. But, please don't tell me you sold a pair of 1200's and your records before you even got this system working. If so, I got some stuff I wanna sell ya!

geposted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 1:15 am
*LOL*

I wasn't gonna say it quite that way but Saint_James' way of saying it was better... :)

Who would EVER sell a pair of 1200's once you've laid your hands on them???

..and about all the lost audio and problems with "disappearing" playback, we have a term for that in the helpdesk-business:
lack of user knowledge (or RTFM if you want to be EXTRA rude :)

If we can get it to work properly with 1 or 2 soundcards and a variety of different configurations of how the output should be delivered you're obviously doing something wrong.
Give us the general spec's of your 'puter and tell us how you've configured the soundcard-configurations in Atomix and we just might help you find a solution without even trying too hard. :)

geposted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 10:28 am
my guess is you don't have much knowledge about computers , audio and hardware... i had the same problem once, i fixed it in 1 min just by changing some settings just on intuition... I Don't know anymore what the problem was, but my advice is, just play around with the settings and learn how the software works (what a crossfader is, what a play button does etc)

geposted Wed 01 May 02 @ 10:54 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)