Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Manual BPM / Latency

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

These are actually two unrelated wishes:

1. BPM detection works perfectly with four-on-the-floor dancefloor tracks. It fails completely with funk tunes though. What I would love to have is a semi-automatic BPM function. While the song plays, I press a certain key, say, four times, in sync with the beat. Then Atomix should calculate and display the BPM. And, to make things perfect, it could even slide the song so that the beat matches the other desk (as the magic button does).

2. Latency is pretty high, at least on my soundcard (VIA onboard). When I'm using a DSP plugin, such as Frohmage (or is this a Frohmag problem?) and turn the knobs, it takes one second or so until I hear the effect. That's ok for slow morphing effects, but crap for fast ones. I would love to have a latency option. Fast computers should be easily capable of handling a much shorter latency (100ms would be perfect).

This would make Atomix even cooler IMO :-)

geposted Wed 15 Aug 01 @ 12:34 pm
I totally agree with the BMP Detection... I play a lot of hip-hop and freestyle as well, and AtomixMP3 totally can't figure out the BMPs of freestyle songs! A manual BMP counter would work wonders, because it could analyze the song pattern and understand what type of sound is played on the beat in that particular song (much as it automatically looks for a base beat in the current version)

Also, perhaps some type of scratching/stalling ability, much as with turntables. I've seen a program that does this with MP3s, but it doesn't have the beat-matching capabilities that AtomixMP3 does.

- Jeff

geposted Wed 31 Oct 01 @ 9:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)