Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Mp3PRO support

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Mp3PRO turned out to be better than normal mp3 format. There already is a plugin for winamp, so it would be great to put it in Aomix.

geposted Sun 30 Sep 01 @ 8:38 pm
Better then normal mp3 format? Hardly. Mp3Pro at its "standard" encodeing of 64kbs loses ALOT of high frequency detail and even *alters* the high freq as well. I can understand for the main stream users that want to have more mp3 files on a little 64MB Smartcard that it would be a very useful format. But when 20+gig hard drives are close to $100US, who cares about makeing files smaller? I presonally encode all my rips at 320kbs, and wished that everyone else would. I see Mp3Pro as the end of high quality rips on exchange networks if it gets adopted and embraced by normal users. Only quality freaks like myself would still use MP3 *AND* encode at high bitrates, as I'm sure most real DJs would like to have also. Even with standard Mp3, theres a very noticeable difference between 128kbs and 192kbs.

Grimmy

geposted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 6:39 am
I use to encode at 256K, and it would take about 4 minutes to encode a song using the highest quality settings (I have a slower 466 Celeron Machine). I decided one day to encode at 320K and found it only took 1 minute to encode at the highest quality settings. Four times faster!!! Now I encode everything at 320K. Give it a try. I use Sonic Foundry's Siren Jukebox (I paid $29 for the program and got a $20 rebate).
Try encoding at the higher rate. It sounds better and is quicker. I use an 80GB drive to store my songs on - Around 10,000 encoded at 320K.

geposted Mon 15 Oct 01 @ 1:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)