Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Borrow a feature from Traktor

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

YodaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have to admit to having tried Traktor during the dark months of no news from the Atomix team. Although I've almost totally given up with Traktor now, there are a few features which I think Atomix could benefit from adding.

First a general observation from the controls in Traktor. Move or activate something with the left mouse button and it stays put when you let go. Use the right button and it returns to its default condition when you let go. I think this is very useful.

1. Right clicking on the magic wand symbol could toggle it locked on / off. The beat matching engine of Atomix is so good that I believe its worth having it do the minor adjustments that are often needed during a mix.

Okay, so you might say what happens when it gets to the part of a track which contains no beats or out of phase beats. Well, if the beat match engine detects that the required step change is above a threshold of a few milliseconds then it could choose to take no action unless the user does a normal left click of the magic wand or makes an adjustment with the left or right arrow keys.

2. Resonant Filter. What a tool this is. I've had hours of endless fun playing with my knob. But seriously, take a look at the filter control in Traktor if you don't know what I'm talking about. It allows you to progressively cut high or low frequencies until all you hear is the treble or bass of a track. If you're adding an EQ to the next version then all this control needs to be is a more user friendly way of progressively moving the treble, mid and bass sliders at the same time with a little bit of gain at a notch frequency.

3. Kill switches. Again left mouse toggles, right mouse kill only while mouse button depressed.

4. Loops like those in Traktor would be nice.

5. Punch in buttons for both decks. Allows you to instantly fully bring in the other deck until you release the button while leaving the fader in the same position. Much easier than trying to quickly move the slider exactly to the middle and back to where it was. Left click normal volume, right click +12dB boost.

6. More cue points, obviously.

You may think from reading this post that if I like the controls in Traktor so much then why don't I stick to it. Well, the answer is simple. Despite its good range of features and controls, the visual interface is utter crap next to Atomix, the beat matching is not as good and the program is unstable. Need I say more?

Come on Guys, don't delay v1.2 but maybe a few of these features could be put into v1.21?? What do you think? :o)

Yoda.

geposted Wed 14 Nov 01 @ 11:42 am
1 & 5 is kinda already implemented. Press RightMouseButton in atomixmp3 and it toggles to the position you have selected in the faders, release it and the fader returns to previous position. you can use it as punch in when placing the fader properly.

For the 1 (keeping match automatic), i think the better solution is to have the pitch more accurately adjustable. currently it's not possible to set it accurately so song will go out of sync pretty fast when using the +-33% range.
With +-8% it still is quite unaccurate compared to pro hardware, but this range doesn't allow very creative mixing.

I've said 10 times to atomixmp3 team to add better pitch sliders but nothing happens.

geposted Sun 18 Nov 01 @ 11:15 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
?? better sliders but you can already set the pitch by +/- 0.2 % !!! ok the best you can see in cd players is +/- 0.1% but I think +/- 0% is already enough...

geposted Mon 19 Nov 01 @ 8:16 am
i think most of us use the +-33% range so that the magic button works better (it doesn't work properly if the +-8% isn't enough to match)..

Now when the range is +-33% the change is over 0.4% - totally unacceptable considering that it's not big deal to program the slider to use 0.05% increments or whatever user wants. (done by broadening the virtual control area width)

example:
mouse control area is marked with Y and slider gfx with -+
X is where there is no more pitch slider gfx
so mouse affects the pitch when moving on the * area too

YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
XXXXXXXXXX----------0++++++++++XXXXXXXXXX

meaning that the Y marks the actual "slider" which is just invisible, when you move mouse a little over Y area, the actual slider gfx doesn't change necessarily anywhere but the song pitch goes up/down by small amount.

so there's values for the gfx of the slider and the actual position of the virtual slider that makes small adjustments possible..

When pitch slider is grabbed again, obviosly the mouse isn't on same position as it was when it was last released, but this doesn't matter cause the area of effect is then moved accordingly.

other way to provide accurate pitch is to have 1 slider for larger adjustment and separate for fine tuning with more precision.

geposted Tue 20 Nov 01 @ 11:23 am
all its ok in atomix but miss a eq and its the only way for mix good house thanx much ;o)

geposted Tue 27 Nov 01 @ 6:33 pm
c'mon guys,
mixing at +/- 33%??
Sorry to say, but a real dj has enough with+/-8%.
If the songs don't match, pick another song, just don't go speeding up 20%, that's unjust to the song.

greetz,

dj Riven

geposted Fri 28 Dec 01 @ 8:43 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)