Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: 5.1 Channel Surround Sound

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Wonder if there is an 5.1 channel surround encoder plugin available for Atomix?

geposted Wed 06 Mar 02 @ 3:22 pm
I have a surround sound soundcard, I have that set as my primary card and I get sound out of all 5 speakers and my sub-woofer. THe output is only in stereo as thats what the MP3's are encoded to be.

geposted Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 12:37 pm
I have a surround sound soundcard, I have that set as my primary card and I get sound out of all 5 speakers and my sub-woofer. THe output is only in stereo as thats what the MP3's are encoded to be.

geposted Fri 08 Mar 02 @ 12:37 pm
DJTroyPRO InfinityMember since 2005
Wish List

I would like to see 3D surround sound and 3D surround sound effects too. The PA would have to be setup in a surround (4.1, 5.1, 7.1.... whatever) sound pattern. Easy enough done.

3D surround sound (you would need the lables to get in on this, but...)
Live Concert video: Front speakers = Music, Rear speakers = Music + 30% Audience

3D surround sound effect

• 3D Helicoptor Plug In = the sample or scrach or whatever travels (spins) around the room.
  • 3D Combine Plug In = the sample or scrach or whatever travels from front to back of the room.
  • 3D Wave Plug In = the sample or scrach or whatever travels from left to right.
  • 3D Bounce = the sample or scrach or whatever travels in a randon pattern.

If this was done right, Us Djs could induce dancefloor wide nasia without playing Celine Dion!

TP

geposted Fri 22 Sep 06 @ 7:29 pm
xeonPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Troy.. you have good imagination :D

It should be very powerful plugin :D but how many clubs have surround ???

geposted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 1:53 pm
The one that I am in right now has the capability. I installed it that way. The club in Simcoe (small town Canada) also had the same pattern (I installed it that way).

Most of the clubs that I build either have surround or simply would need to have the wiring re-routed to accomodate this. Many dance floors have speakers 'surrounding' them. This provides for a 'nice even field (of sound).

Sidebar: I recently installed a 24 channel surround system in a pro theatre (Avon theatre, Stratford, ON CA) These ideas come from the test patterns that were used to test the system. This system was sweet. ($5 million install...)

geposted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 3:14 pm
I think that I saw an old-school unit like this that had a joystick... I just cannot remember what brand.

geposted Sat 23 Sep 06 @ 7:09 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)