Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: question about skin coordinates

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

i've been messing around with the latest skin by janosch, and i'm figuring things out... like how to make a button look like it's being pressed, and changing colors for the rhythm window.
i just now figured out the whole coordinate thing somewhat.

what i'm trying to do is change some coordinates so when you press the button to switch desks ("A" or "B") the button becomes green instead of red. now i almost have the coordinates right for the green button, but not exact.

what are the coordinates being measured in? i've been messing around with photoshop but none of the rulers seem to match what's being used in the xml file. or maybe i have a bogus copy of photoshop.

can somone help me out with this one? this is the first day i've tried messing with skins

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 8:27 am
i have the green buttons in place for when i click on a channel button, and i have it move a couple click when you left click on it. i mean i figured out "how" the whole coordinate thing works, not rocket science i know, just what system is being used to calculate them. mm? pixels? dots? picas? etc..

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 8:56 am
move a couple "pixels" not click.. it's late.. my brain is fried.

phatty720

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 8:57 am
There are two ways of doing what you ask...

1. Using a bitmap editor... (like photoshop) where you switch the red and the green in the bottom of the bitmap. and then cut and paste the green button down to where you find the red button on the BMP and then cut and paste the red on to the two places where the select buttons are green...
(poorly written... hope you understand...)

2. It can all be done by modifying the XML file with a text-editor....
a) go to the rhythm section... and switch the y values for chan1 and chan2 (y for chan 1 should be 1299 and for chan2 1221)
b) Then goto the TWO button-definitions that starts with

[button action="select" chan="chan#"]

add the line [up x="809" y="992"/] (eg for channel 1) which gives the coordinates for when the button is normal (not selected)
and then change the values x and y for both "down" and "selected" to the values specified after pos (for chan 1 it should be x="107" y="126"

in the examples given... "[" should be anglebrackets

hope this helps.... But I'm sure Janosch will read these messages and update the skin for you...

- Jim

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:13 am
Hi @ all,
the skin is already updated. It can be downloaded again in the skin-section.
I've fixed the color of the active channel because it was reversed. Aktive channel is now red.
And i've fixed the comment line of channel B wich was set to channel A.
Hope it's now all ok.

greetz,
Janosch

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 11:56 am
thanks a lot.. i appreciate the help. i did manage to get that done yesterday though. i looked through the xml file and figured out how to get what i wanted. i felt all smart and stuff figuring it out.. haha.. yeah right, like it's that hard. i first copied a button from the lower half of the skin that was neither red nor green(in the off state) and pasted it twice for each A and B button, then i figured out the coordinates of the green button on the lower half and used those for the "selected" tag and added 2 to y for the "down" tag.

my question was this, by what system are the coordinates being calculated? sure i can do what i did for this and mess around till i get the right ones by trial and error, but that's a waste of time. in photoshop i didn't find any mechanism that showed coordinates comparable to what's in the xml file. i actually like messing around with this, i eventually want to try my own skin one day.

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 7:29 pm
okay, i'm dumb.. forgive me. the coordinates are obviously in pixels. i don't know what the hell i was thinking. i tend to overthink, that's the problem. i just have a defunkt copy of photoshop. it doesn't show pixel coordinates.. lame. buuuuut, i do have another question. do you take your original skin you want, let's say 800X600, draw that.. then add the one below it to show how buttons will look when they are pressed or activated, then put the colors below that? or do you size the whole bitmap at one time and work from that. i hope that made sense

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:23 pm
well i size the whole bitmap at one time and then i work on it.

Janosch

geposted Wed 10 Apr 02 @ 10:35 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)