Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [SOUND SETUP] SB Live Setup

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Ok, Atomix team. I know you have heard this one. But I have a Sound Blaster Live. The one without the front and rear outputs. Olny Mic, Headphones, Output, and Line In. Also have an on board snd card. But No matter how i configure it, it will play through both the speakers and the headphones. I know I doing something wrong. Dizamn, I even threw the cracked version away and dropped the 60 bizones. Please don't let me down Team.

geposted Mon 19 Feb 01 @ 10:06 am
Yan-XPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Don't worry take time to sent us a message at service@atomixmp3.com in order to understand exactly your problem.

We are here for all our users....

geposted Tue 20 Feb 01 @ 1:13 pm
I have tried tech support and got absolutely no response, and I had to complain a lot before I got a response on the forum, and all you told me was that you had never heard of that problem before, and now I see you write "We are here for all our users...." - this just doesn't make sense to me. I am really starting to regret my purchase.

geposted Wed 21 Feb 01 @ 1:43 am
LOL U PAYED FOR IT HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!EVER HEARED OF CRACKS, PATCHES, HACKS, RIPED OFF how much was it 50 60 quid f*%K that got mine for free

geposted Wed 21 Feb 01 @ 9:31 pm
im usein live card and it work fine

geposted Wed 21 Feb 01 @ 9:35 pm
Yo, So how do you have yours setup? It is not like it just installed it forgot to plug up the wires.

geposted Fri 23 Feb 01 @ 11:30 am
I have a SB Live 5.1 Platinum, and here's how it works for me. The way it works is slightly different from what others have written, but it definitely works for me, recording and all.

(1) AtomixMP3 software settings: In the sound config menu, you want the 3D sound card (middle on left side) and the speakers & headphones selected (middle on right side). My Soundcard is "DirectSound (SB Live! [B400])". I use the soft mix for recording. Pretty simple stuff here.

(2) Sound Blaster software settings: Important!! (And this seems to be the part I keep failing to see in others' explanations.) In the Creative Surround Mixer, I have "4 speakers" chosen when I want to use AtomixMP3. Make sure you do NOT have "headphones" or "2 speakers" chosen.

(3) The Connections: I have read here that you are supposed to hook up your main speakers to the front outputs and your headphones to the rear outputs. That's exactly *opposite* of what my experience is. For AtomixMP3, I plug in my SPEAKERS to the REAR outs. I then plug in my HEADPHONES to the FRONT outs. On my card, the rear out jack is the one closest to the joystick port on my card. The front out jack is second over from the joystick port.

If you do #2 and #3 alone, and go back into the Creative Surround Mixer, and do a "test" with "4 speakers" selected, you'll hear "Front Left, Front Right" in your headphones, and "Rear Left, Rear Right" from your speakers.

Again, I know that it has been written otherwise. But then when I go into AtomixMP3 after my sound setup is complete, the normal behavior occurs:

GREEN is my HEADPHONES, RED is my OUTPUT. (doing it right now.)

I was having problems setting this up as well until I did #2 there, making sure I did not have "headphones" or "2 speakers" chosen as my speaker setup! Before I did that, I would hear both channels coming out of my desktop speakers... sounds similar to what others are experiencing...

Hope that helps.

geposted Sat 24 Feb 01 @ 6:12 am
Have you tried to hook up a mixer to rear&front then select mixer option in atomixmp3? Due to all SB Live board being f***ed by design, it should shound very awful when you play beat matched songs.. Due to rear out having the wires on the board other way around (channels has + & - switched), the basses kill each other.

I don't own SB Live (was going to buy it, but i read about this wrong phase in sb live forums), but own two SB cheap models.. with these there's the problem that the card in secondary slot in atomixmp3 sound config always sound like 22khz or 8bit or something.. there's lack of high frequencies. I might record this phenomenom to mp3 and give the address here to prove it..

geposted Tue 27 Feb 01 @ 7:58 pm
i have a question for mr. anonymous up above who posted the very detailed and descriptive explanation. do u have a real purchased version of Atomix MP3, or is it cracked? i still cannot get it to work properly.

geposted Thu 01 Mar 01 @ 9:08 am
Howdy. I'm Mr. Anonymous who posted the long-ass description above of how I got AtomixMP3 to work with my SB Live Platinum 5.1.

To answer your question, I purchased AtomixMP3 ... downloaded on the night of February 10, 2001.

I don't know what to say about you not being able to get it to work. Unfortunately, I can't really offer any further details besides the essay that I wrote there. To be honest, I haven't had to play with it beyond what you see there so once it worked, I stopped messing around with settings, and stopped having much more info that I could offer.

Good luck...

p.s. now, if only Creative could put out a driver fix for their extremely annoying MSGSRV/DEVCON boot error ... then I'd be happy. any day now, fellas.

geposted Fri 23 Mar 01 @ 10:00 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)