Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Version 1.08 - Some Dissapointment - Problems

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

I am grateful for the update and attempt to make improvements to the Playlist area. I am however a little disappointed that the changes are not more robust as suggested in my previous posts.

http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1605
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=2259
http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1663

{begin vent} These suggestions appear to be simple programming efforts and so I really don't understand why after 2 releases, some of these can't be accomplished. I understand everyone's individual preference and wishes cannot be accommodated, but I think my suggests will benefit a great many. Maybe a poll or voting system would be in order to at least give the suggestor a good idea of the probability of his suggestion being implemented. {end vent}

Here are a few problems I've seen since installing 1.08.

==
I can't figure out how the Playlist is sorted in the new
Browse View. The sort does not match the track positions in the M3U file.

==
New tracks do not drop into the intended position when placing a new track in the Playlist, the track is simply added to the bottom and has to be moved into position if desired. This was not the case in 1.07b

==
Clicking on the 'Appear as Root' button in the Directories window while the Playlist is highlighted, removes the Playlist Browse from the Directory window and can only be recovered by re-installing vDJ.

==
Clicking the Beat Match button causes a momentary glitch of the audio stream.

geposted Thu 25 Dec 03 @ 7:26 pm
I DID FIND OUT EVERYTHING YOU JUST SIAD THAT'S WHY I TOOK OUT VERSION 1.8 AND SOME TIMES IF YOU PUT VDJ IN AUTOMIX IT WON'T LOAD THE SONG,IT WILL BE NICE TO DO SOME UPDATE IN THE RECORD CASE YEAR AND GENRE AND SUPPORT FOR USB SOUND CARD

geposted Sun 28 Dec 03 @ 9:35 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I took 1.08 out for a spin Friday night... Had the room pumping all night long.
I didn't have even passing problems with it.

It was rock solid!

as per your previous suggestions the first one http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=1605 Click the repeat playlist button, and songs are shuffled to the bottom of the playlist as they are loaded.

the 2nd one I don't know. Have you tried creating a shortcut for this? as for the third idea, It may have some merit, but the way the search works in VDJ is really quite useable. I don't know or can't say if there is any intention of changing it. I DJ 3-4 nights every week, I'm pretty darn happy with it just the way it is. It's certainly not up to me tho.
The developers do read these forums, and they do pick up ideas here. I think the 1.08 release was that they finally discovered the cause and fixed a specific probelm that was occurring. I believe this release was more a reliability upgrade than a functionality upgrade. ( I could be wrong) Keep posting your ideas, just don't get dissappointed if every one of your suggestions isn't released in the next release.

geposted Sun 28 Dec 03 @ 10:16 pm
@Phil
Not sure what you mean by updating the Record Case Year/Genre. I believe you can do this now with one of the Plugins. Also not sure what you mean by USB Sound Card Support. I use a Xitel USB card now and have used my USB Extigy with no issues. Not sure what support you mean.

@Rick
Thanks for responding. One of the things that's apparent to me is that either I am not articulate enough in my descriptions of my visions, or there is a communication gap between users and vDJ development.

Admittedly, now when I look back at the particular post (topic 1605), I can see that I was not clear enough. I have however sent clear communications via the Support link about Playlist improvements. If I could make one more attempt at a simple description, it is to simply make the Playlist such that whenever I load a track from it, that the track remains in it's place in the Playlist. That is all. Having the option to have the track move to the bottom of the list or not is fine, but I am just asking for an option for the track to also remain where it is in the Playlist and highlighted. I've explained this several times over, but it still seems to be mis-interpreted.

The new Browse Playlist function did deliver the functionality and I got happy for a moment, but as I mentioned before, the order in which the tracks appear in the Playlist Browse, do not match the order in which they are saved in the .M3U file.

About my request to trigger the Loop (http://www.virtualdj.com/forum/display.html?topic=2259), if someone knows how to create this shortcut as you suggest I would welcome directions. This is a fairly common function on many CD players. On AmericanDJ brand players it is called a BOP function and it is present on the competitors, Traktor and MixVibes. Again, this I think is a case of vDJ development not understanding whats being requested. The mechanics to do it is already in vDJ (goto_cue()).

About vDJ's Search. I am very happy with the way it works as well. However, the suggestion was more so to add search within the Playlist. Again Rick, I think that although you may have a pumping night with vDJ, your particular style and method of playing may not require some of this functionality I talk about. I think it important for development to understand the needs from different perspectives and not only that some people are happy with it because it suits their method of mixing. I have made the point over and over that not all vDJ users play the same genres and a method that works ok for one genre, may not suit another.

I can appreciate the effort to make the 1.08 version more reliable. Maybe it's just me and I wish some others would chime in to say if their experience is the same, but the glitch in the Audio Stream when the Beatlock is pressed, the disappearing Playlist browse, the inability to drop a track into position in the Playlist and glitches in the LAME encoded recording is enough to make me downgrade back to 1.07b. I'll be using 1.07b for my New Years eve party.

geposted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 5:46 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)