Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Adjusting BPM

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

After I have finished mixing two tracks, should I return the new track to its original BPM or leave it?

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 5:05 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
In my opinion, you shouldn´t.. But if you like the original bmp, you can do it..

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 5:07 am
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Mmm, you better go to the original. Otherwise your BPM gets higher and higher, if you don't care.

Greetz, ikke

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 8:58 am
Actually quite to the contrary, if you go back then your BPM will go up or down, but if you leave it where you mixed in at, then it will remain constant. Personally, I tend to leave it where I mixed in at, unless I'm trying to slow it down or speed it up. Just depends.

geposted Thu 20 Dec 01 @ 9:13 am
Sometimes I will adjust the BPM back to its original when there is a breakdown in the song. This way its not so obvious of a change!

geposted Fri 21 Dec 01 @ 3:36 pm
Right... better wait for a blank or the speed change could be heard and it sounds bad

geposted Sat 29 Dec 01 @ 9:13 pm
I have decided not to change BPM during a song because I found out the hard way how horrible it can be when a 135 BPM song is going at 144 and you try to bring it back. BAD ME BAAAAD ME!

geposted Mon 31 Dec 01 @ 4:27 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
It depends on where you're heading with your set. Are you working in easy then moving up to banging tunes, or have you taken over at the 5am set and need to make it a bit more twisted before the dawn wind-down?? Work the BPM (and energy) of the tunes towards where you want to go...

geposted Tue 08 Jan 02 @ 4:16 am
Try to choose the songs with almost same bpm in this case no one can notice if you changing the bmp a bit. (if the difference is around 5 bpm) and wait till you get a break or chorus.

geposted Sun 13 Jan 02 @ 4:26 pm
Demon RHome userMember since 2002
I schould leave it if the difference is not that big. In other words, if you have a difference of 30 BPM for example, then you schould go back to it's original BPM, otherwise you get more and more BPM.

geposted Fri 19 Jul 02 @ 10:39 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)