Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: It's all about the feeling

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

pazelHome userMember since 2000
Guys,
I read very carefully everything that is written here, I visited sites that have instructions on "how to DJ" and I have to tell you one thing (in 4 words) : IT'S ALL ABOUT FEELING !!!

If you were born with a sense of rhythm, if the bass runs in your vains, if you stamp your feet evertime something is playing on the radio or at a gig then you would know how to mix.
You'll know where to mix in songs, when to mix them out, what to do when there is silence and you will not even have to count the bits.....it will just flow.....

It's not the art of science, it's the heart of the rhythm.

It's the feeling !

Cheers.

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 2:05 am
I agree with you.I want to improve my technique.Can you tell those places you have visited about "how to Dj"?

geposted Thu 17 Jan 02 @ 11:44 am
dj2nvHome userMember since 2004

geposted Sat 19 Jan 02 @ 3:37 pm
Usarei sua frase como a letra da minha próxima músca... Valeu Cheers...

[]'s
X-tasy Boys

geposted Mon 21 Jan 02 @ 2:03 pm
Hi Guys,
I totally agree with the idea of music being "in your veins". Practice does make perfet, however, djs are naturally born with skill and the abilty to create perfect mixes without effort.

Thanx, Dj Bresc.

geposted Fri 01 Feb 02 @ 12:20 pm
SyfoonHome userMember since 2001
I couldn't agree more...

I see these websites claiming to "teach you how to mix like a professional DJ!" Sure, they tell you the theory, but theres something you can't teach, feeling, your born with it or not, without it, you can mix, you could be the greatest technical DJ there is, but, you just not good until you can make a crowd go from medicore to absolutly dying to explode with one mix... one tune... one simple movement...

I learnt to DJ from my old man, but the feeling comes from inside.. I must have got it from him, everytime I hear him mix a set, its superb... he told me how to get any with anything, as he once span "Nellie The Elephant" (yes, "packed her trunk and said goodbye to the circus") at a 5000+ people gig he span... you cant teach that shit!

I just hope one day I'll be a good DJ, and to follow in his footsteps :)

- Bren (Syfoon)

geposted Sun 03 Feb 02 @ 3:17 am
Demon RHome userMember since 2002
Off course it's all 'bout the feeling. If you don't know how to count or don't know the bass and beats, then you can never be a DJ. I fyou know what I mean off course :)

geposted Fri 19 Jul 02 @ 10:43 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)