Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Please Help By Giving Me Some Useful Tips!!

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

Hi i have no DJ experience, but I recently came across Atomix and i thought i give it a try, cuz i always wanted to mix music but didn't have the bling bling to splurge on that expensive equipment. Anyways I am total clueless to where to start cuz all i know is how to cue up songs, and match the beats. I want to learn some good tricks and strategies if there is any to become a good DJ. I usually have a list of 10 songs i tried to mix continuous just to practice first, and i was wondering what else i could do to improve on. Also can you tell me some good effects to work with, i don't know which ones to use such as the autowah, flanger, highpass,echo, etc... Basically i need some pointers to get me going.. thanks

geposted Sat 06 Jul 02 @ 1:46 am
choonzHome userMember since 2001
Hey fellow asian brotha - I would stay away from the effects because they are lame after a few runs and sounds unprofessional. Just do a clean mix, use the loops if you run out of mixing space and find a good skin to get used to and you'll be fine. Also depending on what music you mixing is important. Hiphop, pop - whatever does not have 4 and 4 beats - so it does not beatmatch. This proggie sounds best with electronica - Techno - Trance - house - DnB..

peace Choonz

geposted Thu 11 Jul 02 @ 10:21 pm

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)