Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: "Flippin Doubles"

Dieses Thema ist veraltet und kann veraltete oder falsche Informationen enthalten.

This is mainly directed at dj corpse or anyone else with sucess in writing effects. I have brought this up earlier, but I will re-open for discussion. We need an effect to simulate what hip-hop dj's call "flippin doubles". This is where you have the same track playing on both decks, with one exactly 1/2 beat BEHIND the other. When you flip the cross-fade in time with the beats of song one, you get a perfect repeat effect, which is especially nice with vocals. It just sounds like they repeat-peat the word-word that you hit-hit it-it on-on. The difference of this from an echo is that you here the sound on deck 1, then fade completely to deck 2 for the repeated sound, then back to deck 1 for normal play in the cycle of 1 complete beat. You can do this in atomix, but it IS POSSIBLE to make an effect for this. The effect would have to have a delay that is 1/2 beat behind the original sound. However, when the delayed signal is heard, the original signal must be muted for that 1/2 beat duration. Next, the delayed signal must be muted after the 1/2 beat is over, and the original signal un-muted. This process could then be repeated over and over as long as the effect is being used.

Does this make sense? I will try to do a visual representation to make it a little easier to understand. CORPSE---> do you think you could do this?????

Please advise!

Greetz,
DJ Diggabyte

geposted Tue 05 Nov 02 @ 10:47 pm

geposted Tue 05 Nov 02 @ 11:17 pm
asdfghHome userMember since 2003
Please send me the "flippin doubles" effect.Thanks! ---@---.---
I send for you what you want!

geposted Thu 20 Feb 03 @ 8:45 am
This effect is the bomb.

geposted Sun 02 Mar 03 @ 1:59 am

(Alte Themen und Foren werden automatisch geschlossen)